Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone take Prozac and have really bad side effects

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I just started taking it on Tuesday. I had to stop taking it yesterday because I woke up Wednesday and could not go into my kids room because I was so scared that I had done something really bad to them over night. Of course I didn't. They r still alive and healthy but it scared me so bad that I stopped taking the meds and called my doctor right away.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I had suicidal thoughts :( my doc took me off of it but I was on it 3 yrs before it happened
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM
My daughter started taking and it and started picking her skin. She is now FULL of scars! She's been off the med for a long time but still picks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM

If you took your first prozac on Tuesday, you were not having side effects on Wednesday morning.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Uh yes I was.
lostpassword
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Prozac takes 2 weeks to ne in your system fully. I dont understand how you were feeling the effects in a day or so. Very Odd.
I took Prozac for close to 7 yrs for depression and anixety. It made me feel like a completely different person. Not myself at all.
But it did take about 2-3 weeks to affect me and the other 5/6 people i know who was also on it.
Call your doctor you need a new pill.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Yes. Prozac is the devil.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Also, I had spouse effects starting the next day. I felt sick to my stomach, my lips turned blue, I was suicidal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I was on it. The only side effects I had was no sex drive. It helped though, with that one exception. 

Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I took prozac while pregnant and my son was born with craniosynostosis. I truly believe the two are connected.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I have had nothing but good luck with Prozac. I take 60mg daily. I take Valium as needed for anxiety attacks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)