Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people usually use a common name as a middle name?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
I've noticed it's the trend.

For example...Ava Marie, Juliana Lee etc.

Why not Ava Gemma, Juliana Violet (just quick examples)?

Why not 2 not so common names? Why is the middle name almost always boring?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy.Muneca
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Better than some of the stupid names that aren't even names made into a name that doesn't sound like a name but a thing instead.
O_o
ajdahd13
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM
What a strange thing to notice.....
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Never noticed, ours aren't common.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM

I have an Xzavier Galileo and an Arlo Crysler....Does that count?

(Before people complain about the spelling of Crysler like they do Xzavier Crysler is spelled correctly. My great great great (and so on) grandfather was John Crysler. 

http://www.cryslersfarm.com/battle.htm

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normally. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. My reading comprehension is affected at times as well.  It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Because they tend to be simple, which makes the flow of the name more melodic.  In other words... it "just sounds nice".

I used very, very unique names as middle names, though, haha.  I figured, if I wanted to use a more "out there" name, the middle was the place to do it.

EDIT: My son's middle names are Padraig Scott (Scott was my maiden name); my first daughter's middle names are Caoimhe Siobhan; and my youngest daughter's middle names are Gwyneira Aine.

Snapdragon88
13 moms liked this
Because they're named after family members.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Usually the middle name is to honor someone in the parents' lives.  That is how we did dd's at least.  Her 2 middle names are old fashioned and not too common.   Some "common" names just flow better with first names.

momtolittleg

I think a lot of times it is a family name- which tend to be common. 

3boys1girl32
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Because they like them??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I went with names that sounded good together, unlike Ava Gemma, which do not flow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)