Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Level E reading.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 102 Replies

We have a good amount of books in the house and DD loves to read them, but I would like to make a list of books to get from the library for her that she isn't familiar with. I want her to discover stories as she reads them and not just relive though stories I've read her 100 times. I never had children's books growing up so I'm not familiar with much of anything other than what we've collected from my nephew's hand me downs. So what were or are your children's favorite level E reading books, level D is fine too.

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maxswolfsuit
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about levels. Just let her pick what she wants. If they are too hard for her read them to her. 

Heisenberg
by Kitschy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I want to be looking for something. I can't just take her to the kids section and say "pick what you want" you know? It will be overwhelming. We dont' know what we're looking for. 

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Don't worry about levels. Just let her pick what she wants. If they are too hard for her read them to her. 

ilovemykids732
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I have no clue what levels are... lol how old is she?

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:19 PM

How old is she and in what grade?

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:19 PM
What does she like? Barbi? Princess? Dinosaurs? Space travel...
Heisenberg
by Kitschy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Middle of first grade.

She's 5

Quoting ilovemykids732:

I have no clue what levels are... lol how old is she?

Heisenberg
by Kitschy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I'm looking for middle of first grade books.

Quoting Jamie1972:

How old is she and in what grade?

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Quoting Heisenberg:

I want to be looking for something. I can't just take her to the kids section and say "pick what you want" you know? It will be overwhelming. We dont' know what we're looking for. 

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

You'd be surprised. My dd has a ball at the library. She picks some random stuff but it always ends up being a good book, no matter how random. :)

DeeMD82
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:21 PM

I don't know anything about levels so age and grade would be helpful.  

Heisenberg
by Kitschy on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

She loves Dr Suess.  We have quite a few but those are all different levels so I'd love to find more of them she can read on her own. She loves the Berinstein Bears but I think we have almost all of those. She likes barbie and stuff, but I'm looking for more story driven stuff.

Quoting mommaFruFru: What does she like? Barbi? Princess? Dinosaurs? Space travel...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured