Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

$9,199 + $60

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yep, it's that time of year again. TAX TIME! lol How much are you getting back (If any) and what are your plans to do with the money?

I am getting just over 9K back for federal and $60 for state. My plans are to use it as a down payment towards a house! =) So excited!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM

No. You can get them on sale all the time. I just got one for my son for $40.

Quoting Anonymous: A wireless controller is $60.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of xbox controller costs more than $60?

Quoting Anonymous: Yes we can, but it's not something he HAS to have, so we are waiting. And the one he wants is more than $60.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: $9,111 federal and $1,256 from state. We are paying off loans, credit card, paying back fil, paying vet and dentist bills, I'm getting new jeans and dh is getting a new x box controller

You can't afford to just go out and buy a $40 xbox controller without getting your refund back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Yep. It's either use the taxes to pay the taxes or take the money out every month and honestly, it's 6 of 1, 1/2 of a dozen of the other, so it really doesn't matter how we do it. It amounts to the same money being spent on taxes and the same money going in to savings (we put about $500 a month in to savings from hubby's paychecks) every year.

Quoting DarksMama:

So, you're using your taxes to pay your taxes? Man...they get you coming AND going, don't they? Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous:

About $1200 for Federal and about $400 for state. Most of it will go towards paying city tax and anything left over will go to savings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
$8960 in federal and $666 in state lol. We are paying my certification courses, buying me a vehicle so I have something when DH PCSs, paying for a DNA test on my youngest DD, and using the rest to move me and the kids off post before DH leaves.
bellawomen
by Summer on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM
This. I would rather pay over than under. I know some people get in a panty wadded fuss about an "interest free loan to the government" but blah. I prefer it this way. I had it the other way and we always had to pay.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Far from the truth here..

Quoting Anonymous: Working poor...
Quoting Anonymous: How on earth do you receive such high returns?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM

We are getting just over 6000.

• pay down credit cards
  • partial remodel of bathroom
  • new fridge and stove (they are old as hell and crappy)
  • a few other random things I can't think of

I am good with what we got. We shouldn't have used the credit cards so much but after we pay them down, we plan to use them responsibly from here on out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Well I will have to check on that then. Last time I even looked for one was years ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. You can get them on sale all the time. I just got one for my son for $40.

Quoting Anonymous: A wireless controller is $60.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of xbox controller costs more than $60?

Quoting Anonymous: Yes we can, but it's not something he HAS to have, so we are waiting. And the one he wants is more than $60.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: $9,111 federal and $1,256 from state. We are paying off loans, credit card, paying back fil, paying vet and dentist bills, I'm getting new jeans and dh is getting a new x box controller

You can't afford to just go out and buy a $40 xbox controller without getting your refund back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Your plans are very admirable, good luck with your house buying.

We don't ever get much back, so it just goes in the bank. It's fine, we already own our home and have everything we need and most of what we want :)

anon71
by Momma Squirrel on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I expect to owe at least 10k.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Did you have any deductions that weren't EIC? Not trying to be rude lol. I already know about that one, though. I'm wondering if there are any other deductions I can use that I don't know about. 

Quoting Anonymous: 9,033 to be exact. Dh made 42k. We have 4 kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN