Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry, You are too short

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM
  • 36 Replies

The kids and I  went to Hinkle family fun center today, they have a nickle arcade and a bunch of things like bumper boats, bumper cars and laser tag.

We were going to play in the nickle arcade and I told the kids that they can ride one thing of their choice. They wanted to do the bumper cars. You have to be 44in to drive, my 6 year old was fine so was my 4 year old. My poor 8 year old who is EXACTLY 44in (at least according to the Dr at her appt last week) was told she did not make the height requirement and would have to ride with her brother (the 6 year old) poor kiddo started crying. So I check on the height for the other rides, same thing 44in.

I felt so bad. So I decieded to just give all of the kids more nickles for the arcede and let them play games instead of ride. They had a blast, but my poor kiddo kept telling me it wasn't fair. I told her I know but they have their rules and we have to follow them. I feel so bad for her sometimes. She is TINY and I don't think it was until just recently that it hit her how small she really is, in comparison to other kids! 

by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EponineVader
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Wow, that is tiny!
BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Why would she cry? Isn't that a bit old for those kind of tears? I mean, she had the option to ride with her brother.
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I know that feeling, and it is frustrating. Next time stuff some tissue in her shoes to give her that extra boost!
EponineVader
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Because she wanted to drive and didn't think it was fair that her brother who is 2 years younger and her sister who is 4 year younger could. She didn't throw a tantrun, just her eyes got watery and a few tears fell. She was so sad

Quoting BeAmour: Why would she cry? Isn't that a bit old for those kind of tears? I mean, she had the option to ride with her brother.

Mandy575
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM
I understand how she feels my DD 15 is only 4'11 her sister is 14 and 5'3 her brother is 12 is 5"4. It kills my oldest to be so little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Omg love your screen name!
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You've obviously never been in that position. It's frustrating, especially knowing she was the right height according to her doc. I've been let on rides on one visit and not on others, depending on who was working. It sucks to be short.

Quoting BeAmour: Why would she cry? Isn't that a bit old for those kind of tears? I mean, she had the option to ride with her brother.
SamMom912
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Good things come in small packages.. But 44" at 8... You may want to see an endo. She has to be off the charts for height, no? Im little too.. Its never bothered me and is fine for a girl.. But id be concerned about her health if your other two have surpassed her height. We typically dont "grow" when we arent meeting nutritional needs. She could have celiac, a big reason why some dont reach their full height potential as the body "robs" itself of nutrients to grow as they are processed ineffectivly... 

it isnt fair, but the 44 is based on safety. Its REALLY important to you that she is safe... Thats the MOST important thing.. Fair or not, you would be heartbroken if anything happened to her. Thats the point you need to drive home in her head,, not that you have to follow their rules., the reason behind the rule is whats important. It may make her feel better to know it isnt about her missing out as much as it is of keeping her safe. :) 

BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I'm 4'11".......I've been in that situation many times.

Quoting momtolittleg: You've obviously never been in that position. It's frustrating, especially knowing she was the right height according to her doc. I've been let on rides on one visit and not on others, depending on who was working. It sucks to be short.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)