Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food stamps? I don't get it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 502 Replies
24 moms liked this
Why do people bash those who buy junk with food stamps? You have NO idea what the situation is. Just because you buy junk food for a Super Bowl party doesn't mean they eat junk all the time. I have money left over on my card almost every month. If I want to splurge a little, it's none of your business. So what if we eat chips and M&M's on Sunday, if I feed them fresh fruit and veggies on Monday?

STFU and pay attention to your own shopping cart.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM
51 moms liked this
If you have money leftover every month, there's something wrong. FS are meant to be a supplement. The whole fucking system needs to be revamped.
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to care.... but you make a good point. And I am a junk a holic. 

Kaelsma
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM
15 moms liked this

Because I don't want to pay for your candy.

piperhalliwell1
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this
its not a big deal to me, I rarely buy junk, because if I'm going to serve treats I'm more comfortable making them from scratch. I dont understand why people post here about food stamps at all, its odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I get FS and never have Any extra $$ left over. I only buy what we truly need and make everything from stratch. But I also don't care what people buy.
SaraA_1989
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM
12 moms liked this
You really have no idea how nutrition works. You can't justify feeding your kids cap half the time by saying you feed them veggies the other half.

Oh and I don't want to pay for your kids to get obese. Or your Super Bowl party. Pay for your own party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM
13 moms liked this
There's money left over because I'm a smart shopper. My benefits shouldn't be cut because I use them wisely.

And try not to get your panties too bunched up. I bought the beer and tequila with my own money :P

Quoting Anonymous: If you have money leftover every month, there's something wrong. FS are meant to be a supplement. The whole fucking system needs to be revamped.
DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM
12 moms liked this

They're either stingy, insensitive, or ignorant. I don't care what a person buys withe their FS. Just because you qualify for them doesn't mean you don't deserve to buy what "normal" people buy! WTF?? Who cares what you buy? LOL

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:54 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Why do people bash those who buy junk with food stamps? You have NO idea what the situation is. Just because you buy junk food for a Super Bowl party doesn't mean they eat junk all the time. I have money left over on my card almost every month. If I want to splurge a little, it's none of your business. So what if we eat chips and M&M's on Sunday, if I feed them fresh fruit and veggies on Monday?

STFU and pay attention to your own shopping cart.

...And that's the problem. Some of the amounts given out are outrageous and unnecessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM
7 moms liked this
Don't like it? Then buy your own damned food. Loser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured