Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being induced, and very nervous.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I am being induced in a couple of days. I have always declined no matter how late I have gone. This time it is necessary and I am very nervous. Plus all the induction stories I have heard are horror stories. Tell me there are good stories out there please.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:39 AM
I was induced with my first son and everything went fine. Just focus on the positive (you're about to have a baby!) and get as much sleep as you can now. :)

Inductions don't have to be scary.
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:40 AM
I have been induced 4 times. Relax it is not that bad. Just keep your eye on the prize. Good luck.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

I was induced at 41 weeks.  What are you scared of?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:51 AM
I have been induced twice. Both times I was at around 3cm already. It was super easy for me:) I opted for the epidural around 5-7cm and then I coasted til push time. Both of mine were delievered vaginally in about 8 hours start to finish.

Just try to relax, it is an easy going thing:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:53 AM
My fear I assume is I have always declined induction because of hearing that it leads to more interventions. I have always been the person to go with the natural flow of my body and this is against that. If I had to put my ultimate fear it would be ending in c section.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Robin-Christine
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I was induced at 36 weeks due to seizures. I have epilepsey. All was well from start to finish my son was born in 8 hours,20 minutes. He was my 1st. I got the epi at 5 cm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:57 AM
I was induced with my first dd. Everything went great untill it was time to get the epidural. That guy totally sucked. I loved the woman that came in amd dis it right lol.
blueforewolf
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM

both of my children were born by c-section because of fetal distress and fever and although my water broke it did not progress and there was a chance of infection (after about 15 hours)  even if you have a c-section you are still giving birth to your baby and it is a really wonderful experience - although recovery can be a little painful and uncomfortable I was still able to breastfeed and whatever (I was also an older mom so recovery was a lot longer)  so don't be upset to much if that is the result of the induction in the end you get the prize!

Quoting Anonymous: My fear I assume is I have always declined induction because of hearing that it leads to more interventions. I have always been the person to go with the natural flow of my body and this is against that. If I had to put my ultimate fear it would be ending in c section.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

fivekids2220
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I was induced four out of five pregnancies.  I don't have any horror story to tell.  Labor hurts.  My uninduced labor hurt.  Induced labor hurts.  I don't think I saw a difference in hurting.  Sometimes I think people who were induced use it to embellish the labor story.  

I will also say that I am someone who makes very little progress, induced or  not, until I get an epidural.  I think my ability to relax my muscles during painful experiences is about zero.  Even when I focus on relaxing, I'm not really relaxing.  Give me an epidural, and I go from 4 to 10 in about 5 minutes.  

Qzx
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:59 AM
The worst part is the anticipation. You know when you're going to go into labor rather than it just happening unexpectedly.
I found the induction more stressful for that reason but we had a fine labor and delivery with no complications.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN