Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hurt myself at work and debating going to the hospital

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I was walking out of work and fell on our un-salted parking lot. My hand is pretty sore but hopefully just bruised (the one I caught myself with) and my hip is sore. I filled out a incident report, got a copy, and now dh says I should go to the ER. I am not ER pain worthy IMO but he thinks I should go just so I have it medically documented
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyVoldemort
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM

I wouldn't go. It's not an emergency.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM
I agree with your dh
Mammacra
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I would follow up with your primary dr
pce68
by Patti on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Does your work have an urgent care clinic they use for workman's comp situations? If so, you could go there. Just in case it causes you any future problems, then work would have to pay for it. Just be sure and tell your boss you are going and tell the clinic it is a workman's comp case, if you do go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM
This.

Quoting pce68:

Does your work have an urgent care clinic they use for workman's comp situations? If so, you could go there. Just in case it causes you any future problems, then work would have to pay for it. Just be sure and tell your boss you are going and tell the clinic it is a workman's comp case, if you do go.

momsbabies
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:26 AM

If you feel you must go, you should go to an urgent care facility.  They can evaluate you there and give you xrays if you need them.  You don't need to go to the ER.

WillowRayne
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Follow your jobs policy for on the job injuries
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

It really becomes a pain with workmens comp sometimes if you are not seen right away. Is there an urgent clinic you can go to?

Patti-Gee
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Go to your primary care doctor, and make sure you STRESS it's a work related injury.  

I know here in NY, the doctor has to be WORKMANS comp board certified to treat WC cases.   

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM
What she said.

Quoting Mammacra: I would follow up with your primary dr
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)