Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear neighbor, keep your freaking dog off my property!!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM
  • 46 Replies

I have ONE neighbor. About a quarter mile away. They are nice enough people. Don't really know them. Their dog keeps coming on our porch and knocking our trash can over and flinging trash everywhere. He can even get into a LOCKED trash can somehow. Well, he ate through it actually. 

Anyways, I let my cats outside this morning and that freaking dog chased my 8 yr old baby girl cat into the woods. I spent two hours looking for her. I'm so mad. I'm about the drive over there. 

Just wanted to vent and get it all out before I do.

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I don't blame ya. They need to keep him over there. Hope your cat comes back soon.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I'd be furious.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
If an animal is a threat to life or property it can be shot.
leakymommy2
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM
He is a sweet dog, but this is unacceptable. My df already said something to them a few weeks ago.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I don't blame ya. They need to keep him over there. Hope your cat comes back soon.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Ugh, people are annoying. Why even have a pet if you're just going to let it run wild?

leakymommy2
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I don't really want to shoot him bc that would just create drama. With that said, if he goes after one of my cats he will be shot.

Quoting TexanMomOf6: If an animal is a threat to life or property it can be shot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Ugh another one of these?
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My dad had the same issue with an annoying and aggressive pug. He put a electric fence wire about 4 inches high around the entire property, and set it to a low setting. Not enough to cause any harm, but enough to get the point across. 

After getting zapped a few times, the pug learned his lesson, and stopped coming into the yard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM
When we lived in the country one of our neighbors bred hunting dogs. One of his dogs would get out and get in our trash so we hung it up on our fence with the lid on. The bottom of the trash can was a couple of feet off of the ground and that dog still managed to get up to the lid, balance long enough to get the lid off and pull the trash out. I went and got him and he cleaned up the trash and left enough money to replace the lid because it had been broken in the process, but at that point I was so impressed by the dog it was hard to be mad. Have you talked to your neighbors yet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:30 AM

You're nicer than me.  I wouldn't go over there, I would call the city and report a vicious dog on the loose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN