Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear neighbor, keep your freaking dog off my property!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have ONE neighbor. About a quarter mile away. They are nice enough people. Don't really know them. Their dog keeps coming on our porch and knocking our trash can over and flinging trash everywhere. He can even get into a LOCKED trash can somehow. Well, he ate through it actually. 

Anyways, I let my cats outside this morning and that freaking dog chased my 8 yr old baby girl cat into the woods. I spent two hours looking for her. I'm so mad. I'm about the drive over there. 

Just wanted to vent and get it all out before I do.

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Replies (41-46):
HenrysMom68
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Jesus, shoot the dog because its on your property? Really? This is so simple, if you haven't already spoken to the owners, tell them, and tell them if it happens again that you will call animal control and file a complaint - usually it takes a few visits from them but they will eventually issue a ticket which requires a visit to court  and a fine. 

Also have them pick the dog up when they come out, but understand, if this dogs owners are as oblivious as they sound, this is a death sentence for the dog. I know it is annoying, believe me - but try not to blame the dog. Dogs are like kids, they only know what their parents teach them. 

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM

So just to be clear, when you let your cat out, she stays only on your property?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:16 PM
bb gun... it works for me.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I'd be asking the neighbor (respectfully) to please come immediately (drop whatever they are doing and come in their robe if they have to.) And clean up the mess.

Also, I'd tell them ONE more time to keep their dog up. After that, everytime it came over I would take it to the pound. I think they usually have to pay a fee to get it out.
notadoormat
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I thought you could only shoot a dog if it was messing with the livestock since dogs are a domesticated animal, but I would check with your local animal control and ask what your rights are and how you can help fix this without your kitties getting hurt or the dog. I hope your baby comes home soon. So unfair:(
jaycam
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM

The way they did it I had no chose but to call to find out what it was. I asked them what it was for they told me my dog always out front of leash and that I had farm animals. I told the lady that my dogs are never out front off leash and that I don't have any farm animals. that when I found out someone called a complained. I was pissed Just about everyone on my street know what my dogs and my neighbors dogs look like and we have been have someones pit come around and I think that's the one I think they though was mine even though I don't have a full blood pit. I had to then send a email to them saying the clams were false.

Quoting leakymommy2:

Did you call and explain? That would tick me off too!

Quoting jaycam: I have a hoa where I live and I recently got a latter from the say to keep my dog on leash when out front. The messed up thjng about it is someone called the hoa to complain about a dog that isn't even mine its my neighbors. My house is on the corner at the beginning of the street so every dog that gets out makes it into my yard at some point. I was pissed they also said I have farm animals and I laughed my ass of on that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN