Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i know its an over reaction but i want to punch you in your face

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My son was 3 months early and was poked daily and got infections and had a rough go so when you tell me you want a preemie I feel like your telling me you want your baby to suffer or you dont care if they survive it is one of my hot buttons
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Replies (51-57):
PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM
My boys were born at 28 weeks, but I guess I am not sensitive to it. I was just happy with everything that happened that they, and I were okay. After carrying my second pregnancy to term I can sympathize with the feelings of a pregnancy feeling like it goes on forever. Of course I'd choose the second scenario every time though.
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:41 PM
While I hope this baby comes a little earlier than my son did (nearly 42 weeks) I would never hope for a preemie. That's just stupid beyond belief.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Try telling them that. Their mindset was smaller baby= easy birth. One was completely told off by a friend whose daughter was premature, she didn't even listen.

Quoting Anonymous: My 4 lb baby was a breeze once hard labor hit they said he's before baby so I got the epi and she was born an hr later after 3 pushes

But

My 3lb baby was hours of hard labor I was the exersyst (sp) and epi failed I couldn't push him out took forever...

Quoting Anonymous: Uhg. Two people I know have said that they wanted a preemie. I've never had one, thankfully, but I can't imagine ever thinking of it as a good thing. Both of them just wanted an easy birth/smaller baby, and 'cute' tiny clothes. Not even thinking about the actual child.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Ho the fuck is that stupid?
alexsmommy2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My sil joked about having het baby early and this was only a few months after I had my son 8 weeks early. I was pissed about it for a long time. Even my husband who trys to keep me calm was like wth.
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:28 AM
That's horrible to want. Ds1 wasn't a preemie, but he had water on his lungs when he was born. His first week of life was spent in nicu. Once the water was cleared up he caught pneumonia from another baby in nicu. That week almost ended me and dhs relationship. You Mommas that have had a preemie, are very strong mommas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Thank you

Quoting Kitsun: That's horrible to want. Ds1 wasn't a preemie, but he had water on his lungs when he was born. His first week of life was spent in nicu. Once the water was cleared up he caught pneumonia from another baby in nicu. That week almost ended me and dhs relationship. You Mommas that have had a preemie, are very strong mommas
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)