Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What drives me crazy about House Hunters

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know it is fake. However it drives me nuts when the mothers look at the houses and talk about all the dangers for their children. I scream sometimes at the TV, watch your children!!!

Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (31-39):
sheila28804
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM

It is not so much fake as it is abbreviated.  They see many houses but only show 3 of them for the show.  It wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't some "drama" to keep everyone watching.  That is all the editing they do to put the best together.

readyforhim
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM

it seems you can get beautiful mini mansions in almost every state in comparison of the price of a tiny apt in NY

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM

what really bother's me is when they talk about not buying a house because they hate the paint or carpet...

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM

No, I do it, too.

Zanny
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I'm a Realtor.  One of my associates in Sarasota filmed an episode.  She said they already had their house picked out & under contract when they filmed.   The other 2 were just for kicks 

DusterMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Ugh. I love that show but it drives me nuts. They always have unrealistic expectations about what their budget will get them, and nitpick about the stupidest things, like paint color.
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I don't see a problem with that. It's okay to have concerns.

Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM
It cracks me up when people say they want a big yard and are so excited to get a 5x10 foot yard.

I know what you get depends on your area..but around here if you drop 300k on a house you're getting a big house in the country with acres of land.

Quoting TRAVELMOM817: Yes and their obsession with the yard having enough space for their dog. My dog rules our roost but I won't make living arrangements around his royal highness.
mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Eh...for many of those people, they are moving to their "forever home" which is why they are putting those expectations on it- stainless steel ( increases value of a home), granite counter tops ( increases value), tile flooring and hardwoods ( also increase value)....Personally, we are looking at homes right now: my necessaries: tile or hardwood flooring, grainte counter tops, stainless steel appliances ( which I already have now)..There are 2 homes we love. One is 7 BR, 5BA, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops,media room, etc..$278K..One is 6BR, 5BA, stainless steel and granite and around the same price. 

You also have to understand that some of them are in HCOL areas which is why their budget is $900K. 

The ones that kill me are the International ones...they are all looking for the "western" style of homes in places it just won't happen. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)