Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Explain it to me, because I really don't understand... ETA 2

Posted by   + Show Post
Why would you NOT be an organ donor? I read multiple answers in another post about how people will not donate organs when they die, and how they wouldn't donate a loved ones organs either.

Why? Why would you choose NOT to save lives, especially since your organs will do you no good. It's not as though you'd be suffering due to your donation. You'd be dead.

I plan to donate absolutely everything that is able to be donated. And if I ever ended up having to make the decision to donate my children's organs, I would without any hesitation.

ETA:also curious - how many people that will not donate would be willing to accept an organ, either for themselves or a loved one?

ETA 2: So this wasn't enlightening at all. Virtually everyone who isn't planning to donate gave the same answer - "I don't want to, and it's my decision". That's not really an answer at all.
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Replies (141-142):
DusterMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Sadly, probably not. She'll most likely be perfectly happy to accept, but will remain selfish with her own parts.

*shakes head* Still don't understand this attitude...

Quoting momto3B:

Yes, you are right, everyone has the right to be selfish, even the dead, and you clearly have that part covered.

I truly hope neither you nor anyone you love, ends up on an organ transplant list, but if it does happen, I can only imagine that you will have a change of heart. 

Quoting Anonymous: That is my choice, thankfully. Selfish or not, nobody should be made to feel obligated to do it.

Quoting momto3B:

Parts of DEAD people to whom those "parts" are no longer of any use. Why would I bury or creamate my eyes if they could help someone else see? My heart, could save a life, my bones could help someone walk.  I cannot think of a better legacy in life then to help someone else either actually life or provide a better quality of life. 

So terribly sad that you would rather you body parts go in the ground then help others. 

Quoting Anonymous: Why?

These are parts of people, not random belongings.

Quoting momto3B:

Actually, EVERYONE SHOULD  feel obligated to donate. Dead os dead and assisting someone else is the RIGHT thing to do. 

Quoting SaraA_1989: No one should feel obligated to donate organs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
They can have anything usable when I die. Hell, they can throw me in the body farm for all I care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)