Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to LOSE my MIND in here!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

First off. I want to say that naturally my first thought it I will do ANYTHING to keep my unborn son safe in my womb even if it means spending forever in this damn hospital. Now. On to the reason for my freak out.

I am 26wks pregnant with my 2nd child, a son, our first boy and I am SO thrilled. I am due 5/08/14 which happens to be my husband's 30th birthday. However, I am suffering from HG and a pregnancy induced pancreatitis. I have been here in the hospital off and on since November but this round I went to the ER on Christmas day and here I am...still here. I started off my pregnancy at 140lbs, I am 5'5 and now I am 108lbs that is 32lbs gone. My body is frail, my pancreas is inflamed and I can not eat. I am on a constant IV and I have Zofran around the clock. Right now I am on pain medication on top of the Zofran because the pancreatitis is SUPER painful.

I hate being here. I am missing my daughter, Chloe, she is 5 and she is not used to being without me. I haven't seen her in a week because she has been sick and she can't come. I miss my husband--I miss sleeping in my bed. I miss eating! I started getting sick at 5wks and I have yet to eat a full meal since then. I will be here until my electrolytes even out, my pancreas is no longer inflamed and I am not vomiting as much. My doctors warned me that might be until delivery, because now I am suffering from real contractions as a response to dehydration.

Anyone else ever been in this boat? How do I keep sane when I really just want to cry all day.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
:( Idk but good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Quoting briellesmomma: :( Idk but good luck

Thank you. I am just depressed because I miss my daughter, I miss my life, I miss being normal. To be clear I LOVE MY SON. His health is so important to me, if that means staying here till May then I will but I am not going to be happy.

loquacious
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:11 PM

So sorry!  Praying for you and baby.  The worst I had was bed rest for 3 months, so I can't even imagine how you're feeling...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Quoting loquacious:

So sorry!  Praying for you and baby.  The worst I had was bed rest for 3 months, so I can't even imagine how you're feeling...

I was on bed rest at home but not by doctors orders. I spent every single day on my bathroom floor vomiting. My husband would come home and find my daughter playing her Kindle on the bathroom floor next to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM

BUMP.

imyourPuppy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I'm sorry you have to go throw it. Keep in mind why you are doing it. In couple of months you will forget about all of it, as you hold your baby boy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Quoting imyourPuppy:

I'm sorry you have to go throw it. Keep in mind why you are doing it. In couple of months you will forget about all of it, as you hold your baby boy. 

I am not, for one second, forgetting WHY I am doing this. However, after five weeks in the hospital and over 14 weeks spent here total. I AM DONE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Oh man, I'm sorry :( As much as you miss your dd (and normal life) she is being taken care of, as are you and baby. I hope everything evens out and you get to go home soon. I developed pancreatitis when I was supposed to get my gallbladder out a month after my first was born. It delayed my surgery and it was 9 long days in the hospital away from my barely month old first born and it was awful. Not nearly as long as your stay, but it blows. And it hurts like a bitch! I was drugged up on morphine.

SaraA_1989
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM
My first thought nuking reading your title?

Yall gon' make me lose my mind, up in here. Up in here!

Anyway.

I'd never spend over a month in a hospital or on bed rest for a fetus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I'm so sorry. That sounds so hard.

Maybe you can spend some time making a book/journal/diary for your DD so that she read it, even if she can't see you? You can talk about when you were pregnant with HER and how happy you were about it. That might keep your mind off things AND help keep your connnection with her even though you aren't able to see her right now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN