Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why don't people throw their kids birthday parties???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this
I have seen a lot of posts on here saying we don't throw out kids birthday parties or if we do we ask people not to bring presents etc. This makes me so upset every time I see it. Most of the time the parents are just to lazy to get it together. We go all out for our kids birthday parties every year. I mean it is once a year you get to celebrate your kids they get a little spoiled and you create memories they will carry into adulthood. You are robbing them of those things and I just don't understand it. What is your reasoning in this? Your kids only get one childhood please don't take it away from them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Some years they have party's with friends and some years it's just with us. All depends on what is going on and what we can afford. You can make a birthday fun without big party's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
4 moms liked this

From what I read on here because they haven't gotten the Ex's tax refund in time   LOL

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM

For my parents it was because they didn't want to deal with other peoples' kids.

mamabear55
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm teaching my child to good to others, not that one day a year, everyone will kiss their ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
W do family gatherings every year. We don't do parties with their class invited. It's too expensive for us to do that. Family dinners with cake and a few gifts is enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
My kids would rather electronics or a vacation since their birthdays are in the summer.
bunnyxlover
by hippity hop on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I had a bday party when I turned 8 and when I turned 16. I don't feel cheated out of my childhood at all
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had a bday party growing up my first one I threw for myself when I was 16., and I honestly don't feel neglected. I threw one for my son for the first 10 years of his life, then each year after I took him and friends places, movies, arcades, snow tubing, paint balling etc.
MariannLws
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We've done the birthday party thing when they were younger and wasted lots of money and food on people who never showed. Only to disappoint our birthday child. We now do a birthday trip to Disney Land or Universal Studios with one friend to come along. The kids are much happier and the memories have stayed with them to their adult years. 

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We celebrate my daughters birthday 3 times.  She gets a schoolmate party, a family party, and on her birthday just the three of us go out to celebrate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN