Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His XBox is gone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
For a few days.
I sent DS (8) to bed at 8:30 pm. At 9:30 pm I checked on him and he was asleep so I decided to go to bed too. It is now 12:30 am and my baby just woke up to be fed and changed. I go downstairs to grab her diapers and wipes and here DS is, volume off, playing on his XBox
I turned it off, unplugged it and hid it. He is PISSED.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:37 AM

That's one reason my child has yet to have a gaming system. I don't go for that sneaky s*** and I'm pretty sure DS would do it if he could.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Lol the girls both did that not too long ago. Damn kids.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I'm bad... I'd hand my kids a list of chores since they aren't tired and go back to bed. If chores weren't done by morning THEN I'd take away the games. They'd still be up early for school.
panther79
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

eh we keep gaming systems and tv's out of the bedrooms

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:08 AM
....it is in the living room.

Quoting panther79:

eh we keep gaming systems and tv's out of the bedrooms

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I considered it but all I could see was him telling his biological father. His father is kind of a serial CPS caller.

Quoting KrissyKC: I'm bad... I'd hand my kids a list of chores since they aren't tired and go back to bed. If chores weren't done by morning THEN I'd take away the games. They'd still be up early for school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
He was playing Skylanders. Damn things.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Lol the girls both did that not too long ago. Damn kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM
This is the first issue we've had....that I know of.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's one reason my child has yet to have a gaming system. I don't go for that sneaky s*** and I'm pretty sure DS would do it if he could.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

He's very sneaky.  My son plays those games too, but I never went so far as to take away his game console. I think that would be mean.  

kntrymama08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Which is a reason I told my fiance his system will be in our bedroom after we move in together in a month. DS has zero need for a system except on very rare occasions. I don't want it in my living room, I grew up without a system, to this day have never played anything on one and have no intention of allowing my son much time whatsoever playing. So, the system will stay in the master bedroom away from where ds will be. Problem solved ))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured