Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BMs why are you always so offended

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

if a SM sees your child LIKE their own (Not as their own there is a diffrence). That they see your child as an equal part of the family as their own child and loves them just as much as their own kid?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucydiamond
by LD on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Because they feel threatened would be my guess.
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:51 AM

i never been through this but i would like to think that if i was , if the woman treated my son well and had respect for me then i would love that someone cared about him, land would be another positive role model. then that would be great, i think it is all about respect

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Thats the only thing I can think of. I would be HAPPY if my son had a SM who cared so much about him! Hell I would even be happy if SM said something that she worried about with my kid to me. I would want my son to have an active SM. The more people who love him and stand up for him the better!

Quoting lucydiamond: Because they feel threatened would be my guess.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM
I would feel creeped out since I'm married to the father of my child. If that wasn't the case then I would hope my son would be an equal part of the family. LOL
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Maybe they feel threatened? Like their kid will love this new mom more? Idk, bitches be crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Yeah.. I just wish BM would stop being so defensive with me. I am his step mom, he only has one MOM. He has a big family :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I'm not offended by that I'm offended by her trying to completly replace me as their mother. She tells them to call her mommy and that shes a better mommy because she has a job and i dont. That pisses me off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I have never been through this, but I don't think offended is the right word. I hate to admit it, but I would feel many things, lol. Fear would be the first thing. The fear of being usurped. 

mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

We are not divorced so step parents are non existent in our world... but if we were I would hope my children have a step mom who treats them as her own and another mom to take my place when I am not there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Ok what if you were fucking up in someway with your child (lets say your child lived with her and your ex. Your child told SM that they thought you did not love them because your rarley saw them and SM said something to you out of concern) would that bother you? Because I have seen BMs flip a lid for a SM just voicing a concern.

Quoting lovelife350:

i never been through this but i would like to think that if i was , if the woman treated my son well and had respect for me then i would love that someone cared about him, land would be another positive role model. then that would be great, i think it is all about respect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)