Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

taxes out of your check

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
If you only have one exception down, how much approximately comes out of your pay check?

I dont know much at all about taxes, does it depend on how much you make? I will be getting approximately $600 a week with no over time. I just want to see what my checks will kinda look like.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM
It depends on your pay. It is usually right around the same amount every pay period...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Deductions depend upon how much you make, state taxes, ss, insurance, 401k, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Put 10 as the deduction and then right before the new year put down 1.  That's a little secret my friend taught me.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

you can always change the number of exemptions, if you get a a few paychecks and you think they are taking out too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Is there a way I could find out on just the 40 hrs so I can see if the taxes are going to kill me lol. Im in texa, and I know when I file federal Iit always says I dont have to file for state.

Quoting Anonymous: Deductions depend upon how much you make, state taxes, ss, insurance, 401k, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Can I get into trouble for that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Put 10 as the deduction and then right before the new year put down 1.  That's a little secret my friend taught me.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Oh and I dont know what insurance company they offer yet but its for the post office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Can I get into trouble for that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically yes, but most of the time they won't catch it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM
It all depends on what they take out. Are you asking about federal only? I have about $1200 a month taken out for everything. Super blood suckers. I think 20% is a general estimate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Damn lol that would be one of my checks!!

And yes federal only because I dont know about insurance and how they do the 401k yet.

Quoting Anonymous: It all depends on what they take out. Are you asking about federal only? I have about $1200 a month taken out for everything. Super blood suckers. I think 20% is a general estimate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)