Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sitting here crying. Bash on.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
I turned in all of my review paperwork, by the due date. I did exactly what I was supposed to, I even drove to the office to turn it in. Nothing has changed. I didn't get any kind of notice in the mail or phone call. I don't know what happened but my fs are not there. We have no food for meals, the kids have nothing for school snacks, my youngest is going to end up with crackers for lunch.

The office here is chronically unreliable, but I did everything I was asked, why does that never seem to get me anywhere?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saydar
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Call local food banks and if that doesn't work, try local churches. Many churches will help you even if you are not a member. I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.

MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Look up food pantries in your area. Ask churches for help. Go to the office again and tell them it's an emergency. Don't leave without an answer.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
3 moms liked this

but yet you have internet? have you sold everything you can sell? pawned everything you can pawn? donated blood?

to me, you havent done everything you can until you hit that low... and i have hit that low.

i hope it gets better for you

Happily married to the best man and father in the world! <3

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Call your case worker, check status online
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Sorry. I asked to switch offices when they refused to help me when my husband got laid off 4 years ago. I wasn't considered an emergency. So I called the next town over. Hope it gets cleared up soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
That's why you don't depend on others to care for what is your responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
I have prepaid that I need for work that has internet.

Anything that can be sold, has been.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

but yet you have internet? have you sold everything you can sell? pawned everything you can pawn? donated blood?

to me, you havent done everything you can until you hit that low... and i have hit that low.

i hope it gets better for you

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Go in and speak with your caseworker. If you are on fs, dont your kids get free lunches at school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Dollar store has food. You can look online for coupons and get a few free items. Usually they will take up to 4 coupons per day.
lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM
DTA is notoriously unreliable and they have total control. ....we are having to basically taking dfs former work to court because they won't give him any paperwork on why he was let go and dta will not turn our food stamps back on till we have the paper.....been 2 months so far and they won't understand that it's an emergency situation with my kids on special an expensive medical diets..... I spend 500 a month just on the 2 of them and mostly me and df go without....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)