Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel so guilty but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
My life is easier & the rest of the family is happier when my middle child is with my mom 3 hours away! I miss him but I don't miss the craziness his presents brings. He's amazing for my mom but does not listen to me. His behavior affects the other 2 kids. I really think he was meant to be an only child! I dread when she brings him back. I love him so much but his personality conflicts with the rest of us. He keeps his brother awake, refuses to eat, escapes the house among other things. He's 4.5 and needs constant supervision and restrictions or he's getting into things. He's almost burnt our house down with his shenanigans. He's been gone since Saturday & it's Tuesday I hope he stays a few more days!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Be a better parent
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to his doctor about his behavior. That sounds like he could have ADHD. 

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Not sure what to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Why does he act that way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM

WOW! I feel for you! I have a young friend who is 14 now but he did do things like this when younger & still continues to do things like that including trying to burn their house down & stealing a buttload of money from his mother.Have you ever talked to a professional about his behavior? PS it's not always the parent's fault esp if they have ADHD but unfortunately in my young friend's case it is cause he was allowed to get away with anything cause he was cute as a child & still appears younger than his age. More like a 10 yr old. Now his mother is trying to set boundaries & consequences & her soon to be ex just tells the kid she doesn't know anything & he gives & allows the kid to do whatever he wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Thanks but I'm an amazing mom. He is just a spirited child! My oldest never behaved this way and neither does my youngest! I don't parent them any differently!

Quoting Anonymous: Be a better parent
MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Therapy May help him
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM

You may need to learn different parenting strategies for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:03 AM
I have asked his dr they just think he's active!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Have you talked to his doctor about his behavior. That sounds like he could have ADHD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM
He's so sneaky! He raids the fridge climbs up anything! He can never be left alone.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

WOW! I feel for you! I have a young friend who is 14 now but he did do things like this when younger & still continues to do things like that including trying to burn their house down & stealing a buttload of money from his mother.Have you ever talked to a professional about his behavior?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)