Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What AreThe Signs Given By An Emotional Abuser?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I feel like my boyfriend might be abusing me emotionaly...

He laughs if I try telling him how I feel he is hurting me. not physically but emotionally

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wintermoon111
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Controlling you, making you feel less than, putting you down these are some signs
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

This!

OP, have you told your SO/BF that he hurts your feelings when he says those things? Speak up and tell him how his words make you feel. His reaction should give you some insight. Perhaps he thinks he is joking or perhaps he enjoys controlling you and making you feel like less than a person.

I wish you the best, OP!

Quoting wintermoon111: Controlling you, making you feel less than, putting you down these are some signs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

thank you

Quoting ballerina18:

This!

OP, have you told your SO/BF that he hurts your feelings when he says those things? Speak up and tell him how his words make you feel. His reaction should give you some insight. Perhaps he thinks he is joking or perhaps he enjoys controlling you and making you feel like less than a person.

I wish you the best, OP!

Quoting wintermoon111: Controlling you, making you feel less than, putting you down these are some signs

honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Is he telling you stories that make possible sense, but they turn out to be lies?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM

making you feel worthless, preventing you from doing what you want thru emotional manipulation - 'oh don't go see your folks, i'll be lonely here all alone, and i guess that means you don't love me' type of shit...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 AM
I would say if he is lying, manipulating, controlling. If he calls you names, make you feel like you are nothing without him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM

My boyfriend calls me names sometimes, examples: dumbass, retard, bitch, lazy ...lazy is the biggest one so far that he has called me the most.

I'm a SAHM and he feels like I do nothing around the house.

I clean my house spotless, but he's on 3rd shift, and my Dd wrecks the living room right before he wakes up, so he thinks I didn't do anything all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN