Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Rat under bed. Have a good pest in house story here is mine!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 22 Replies

This happened back in 2007 when I was pregnant with my 1st. We had only 1 cat back then and he had been going through his food quicker than normal. We didn't really think much on it.

One night I was sitting on the couch watching some tv swinging my foot back and forth petting my cat with my foot as I did often. Until a commercial came on and I was actually paying attention to the foot swinging pets and realized the fur felt rather course. I assumed he had knocked something over and it spilled and dried on his fur.

I bent down saying, "Aww did my Kitty Kitty get AHHHHH!" It was a baby possum.

I leapt up and on to the back of the couch. 7 month pregnant belly and all and let me tell ya I was HUGE.

My husband who had been playing some World of Warcraft on the computer jumps up thinking I'm hurt as I'm babbling and screaming get it get it!!

He grabs the mop bucket and broom chasing it around the house leaving the door open hoping it will run outside. It did.

The next night we hear *crunch crunch* from the kitchen near the cats food. Our cat never ate that loudly. Look over and there is the possum eating our cats food as our cat stands beside it waiting his turn.

So there is my pest story. Share yours!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GabbyP.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Bump because I can't be the only one.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Funny I have an opossum story too!!

We had to cut out a piece of my boys wall ( temp mobile home ) to fix the bathtub. I wanted to board it up, df said no it would be ok for a few days..

The next night I swear I saw something furry move in their room. The next 3 days the boys were talking about monsters under their bed.... on the 4th night out walks a fucking baby opossum! I made df drive 2hrs home. The opossum went behind our Tv and I never took Mt eyes off it! Df gets home searched the whole living room, can't find the lil shit!! Till he moved Tv back, and its hissing!! So he gets the opossum outside on the porch, and the damn thing tried running back in the house!

I made him board up the hole immediately!!!

And thank God we moved 3 weeks later
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Oh my god. That's terrible! Our old house was a total p.o.s. We had some ceiling damage from a leak and eventually the whole thing just caved in one night. I was freaking pissed, ranting and raving like a lunatic while cleaning it up when I heard some chirping sounds. I looked up and there were 4 sets of eyes staring down at me. Apparently our attic had become a haven for raccoons! We all lived peacefully together for a few days until we trapped and released them all. Ugh. We also battled mice. I was constantly chasing them with a broom, finding nests, picking up chewed up pieces from cat attacks, finding baby mice in drawers. Barf. It was so horrible. When I found out we qualified for a home loan, I tore outta that place and didn't look back. We hired movers to move our heavy furniture, I guess my cats had trapped a mouse long enough that it died and it was laying belly up underneath my china cabinet. One of the movers stepped on it on his way out the door. The humiliation just never ended. Lol
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:42 AM

In the apartment we used to live in (before kids) DH and I were in bed one night settling in for sleep and we hear something moving around the window sill over our heads. It would stop and then start and stop and start again. I thought it was some bird roosting on the ledge outside so I got up to shoo it away and here it was a snake, coming through the gap between the wall and the windowsill. This apartment was horrible, it had gaps everywhere and apparently the entire part of the wall behind where we were sleeping was chock full of snakes. Little black racer snakes with red collars, just full of them. I got up and got rid of the one I could see coming out of the crack (Dh is afraid of snakes, lol) and then triple duct taped all around the window so none of them could get into the room and drop on our heads while wer were sleeping. We could still hear them in there moving around, though.  Another time I came home from work and opened the screen door and in the space between the screen door and the wooden door was a copperhead. Fun times living there.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Thanks... I will not be sleeping tonight!! Snakes!!! Ivk

Quoting JTE11:

In the apartment we used to live in (before kids) DH and I were in bed one night settling in for sleep and we hear something moving around the window sill over our heads. It would stop and then start and stop and start again. I thought it was some bird roosting on the ledge outside so I got up to shoo it away and here it was a snake, coming through the gap between the wall and the windowsill. This apartment was horrible, it had gaps everywhere and apparently the entire part of the wall behind where we were sleeping was chock full of snakes. Little black racer snakes with red collars, just full of them. I got up and got rid of the one I could see coming out of the crack (Dh is afraid of snakes, lol) and then triple duct taped all around the window so none of them could get into the room and drop on our heads while wer were sleeping. We could still hear them in there moving around, though.  Another time I came home from work and opened the screen door and in the space between the screen door and the wooden door was a copperhead. Fun times living there.

Lolabearlow
by boxer momma on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
4 moms liked this

My answer to ALL of these posts....

JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM

LOL, I do what I can. That place was unbelievable. And BTW sorry ;)

Quoting mommaFruFru: Thanks... I will not be sleeping tonight!! Snakes!!! Ivk

Quoting JTE11:

diaperstodating
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Bump
Babydoll2527
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:53 AM
OMG!! No Way No How!! I would of burned that bitch to the ground!! No lie my fat would NOT have stayed there another minute, fuck a bunch of duct tape!! NOPE!!!!

Quoting JTE11:

JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:56 AM

LMAO!! Thank you, I wanted to call the landlord right then and make him drive in from the next state over where he lived to get rid of them all. I don't mind snakes but really, a wall of them was ridiculous. And it was a LOT of duct tape, lol!

Quoting Babydoll2527: OMG!! No Way No How!! I would of burned that bitch to the ground!! No lie my fat would NOT have stayed there another minute, fuck a bunch of duct tape!! NOPE!!!!

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)