Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Grade Penpals?!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Does anybody else have a 1st grade dd that would like to penpal with my dd??? Somebody said it would be great reading and writting practice.....!!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MilkLover0203
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I have a first grade son. They actually just started this project in class.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Really?! Maybe i should bring it up to dds teacher! I think its an awesome idea!

Quoting MilkLover0203: I have a first grade son. They actually just started this project in class.
MilkLover0203
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Yeah, the teacher sent out a permission slip kinda thing. She said she'd been doing this project for years, and it has been her classes most memorable project. The paper explained they'd be writing to a person of their choosing, and explained they may be getting letters/cards back, and sometimes the people have even come in to meet the class personally. Her suggestion was someone in the military, an elderly person, or just someone interested in being pen pals. The teacher had a section for the persons address so she could mail the letters out. In our case, I signed up my sons grandmother. She lost her husband a year ago, and she's been pretty lonely without him.

Quoting Anonymous: Really?! Maybe i should bring it up to dds teacher! I think its an awesome idea!

Quoting MilkLover0203: I have a first grade son. They actually just started this project in class.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Omg! That's so neat!!! Have you noticed an improvement in his reading and writting? My dds reading is prettty good but her handwriting is HORRIBLE !!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)