Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why CM, why?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:02 AM
  • 3 Replies
....am I awake at 3:50am?
But I'm kinda of glad I am, because....
Our area is anticipating a storm of sorts tonight into the morning. 6-10 inches of snow. Why they call it a storm is beyond me since this is pretty normal for any snowfall we get.
So I'm laying in bed and I hear what starts off sounding like an airplane, but it gets louder. Then I thought it was a plow.
I got up and looked for the plow, I don't know why, I just did. As I'm looking out my front window, this noise gets louder and louder. No plow in sight.
All of a sudden, what looks like a mini tornado of snow rolls by the window. It was freaking scary. The house was shaking. It was so loud. And like the dumb ass I am, I'm standing by the window. My window was shaking and snow was pounding against it. It was surreal.
I just stood there and watch this cyclone if snow roar past my house. WTF? Now I'm standing here looking at my shrubs and they are sheared at the top, my window is covered in snow like a snow blower literary blasted it at close range and I wish I had my camera to take the picture,
Was this a microburst? Any meterology geeks out there that can tell me what the hell I just witnessed.
Ps- I may have pissed myself from fear.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I am not sure what that would have been, but it sounds pretty interesting. Your last line made me laugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this
This! I'm curious too.

Quoting csxt99:

I am not sure what that would have been, but it sounds pretty interesting. Your last line made me laugh.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this

LOLOLOLOL Sorry but I laughed!

This sounds pretty exciting actually.

When we get a lot of snow, we live on a hill, on a main highway.

There is also a stop light right on the bottom of the hill.

So when it is icy we watch the semis and car struggle to get up the hill because they usually didn't have the speed to help.

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)