Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's 2:00am, turn down your music!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm laying here in bed at 2:00am, wide awake, because my downstairs neighbors have their music up and all I can hear is the annoying base. DH is not laying next to me though. He's in the kids room because the music woke up my toddler.

This is not the first time. Our apartments have quiet hours. Last time we told the office and they put a reminder notice of quiet hours on the door of everyone in our building. DH has already emailed the office.

Seriously, who blasts music in an apartment at 2:00am??? On a Tuesday night no less? I really want to send my little ones down to ring their doorbell when they wake up at 6:30. Or tell them we're practicing jumping.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Getting ticked! I can't sleep with this! I tried stomping a couple times but I doubt they can hear it over their music.

What would you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 AM
Id walk my happy ass downstairs and tell them they have 5 mins before I call the cops and I would file a complaint with the landlord in the morning.
stacy8606
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Go down and knock on the door- that is ridiculous! And I would definitely have the kids be loud and annoying first thing in the morning- a jumping contest sounds like a great idea! Let them see when your day starts no matter what time they finally let your day end!
csxt99
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Do you have nuisance laws in your area? If so, I would call the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:20 AM
I would call the police.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 AM

I'd call the police before going down there myself. 

super123momma
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Call the cops

Quoting Anonymous: Getting ticked! I can't sleep with this! I tried stomping a couple times but I doubt they can hear it over their music.

What would you do?
ChewyBrownies
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Call the police
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Well op???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:29 AM
DH just suggested calling the cops too. I don't know why I didn't even think of it. I was thinking of seeing if he'd go down but I kept picturing them getting pissed and trying to start something with him.

I've never called the cops on someone before. I'm kind of scared to!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)