Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont they have to fix it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So I was out talking to the neighbors below me in my apartment and they said their heat wasn't working and talking about how our boiler room has been making a lot of weird noises and o was thinking about how it's been feeling cold in our place as Well come to find out ours doesn't work either. They called maintnence who just says wewill fix it but always takes days even weeks to even start on it. It's currently -6 out don't they have to do something there are kids!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM
Sorry for the typos and spelling I'm tired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM
2 moms liked this
This happened at my apartments a few years ago. My neighbor called the news and dis an interview and they fixed it right away!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:38 AM
It's sad it would be one thing if it was looking to be warmer soon but it's only supposed to get to 10 tomorrow.

Quoting Anonymous: This happened at my apartments a few years ago. My neighbor called the news and dis an interview and they fixed it right away!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes they have to fix it. Keep calling them until they do it. If not I would report them to the city.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Mobile Photo

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:59 AM

From what I understand they have laws against landlords not fixing things in a timely manner, especially when it's super cold or super hot outside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM
This is just getting dumb it's 0 outside right now that's the highest it's been and still no heat no one even looking at it it's now 60 in our apartment all we have is a dinky tiny space heater but it doesn't do much at all.
sheilao409
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Call the city to complain
DragonInfinity
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Keep calling the landlord to fix the problem.

And call the city to complain!

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM

If both you & the neighbour have called & they haven't at least taken a look at it to see what's wrong, Call the housing authority & make a complaint, at least that's what our local news says to do when a landlord won't fix something essential, like the heat.

When our heater died, our landlord had someone out to look at it LESS THAN ONE HOUR after I told him it was broken. Unfortunately, that was after 7:00 at night & it couldn't be fixed, had to be replaced, instead. Replacing it had to wait till morning. Our landlord brought us a space heater to borrow until it was fixed b/c he didn't want us to be stuck in a house without heat over night with kids. It wasn't nearly as cold then as it is where you are (I think it was probably in the lower 40s or upper 30s, It was Jan 2013). It was fixed & warm enough in the house to give him back his space heater by early afternoon the next day.

THAT it how a landlord SHOULD handle a broken heater, totally FIXED less than 24 hours after being informed it was broken.

Good luck! I hope you can get the heater fixed ASAP. Another thing you can try is calling the local news. Ours has an "On your side" team who investigates & tries to help people fix problems, like what you're experiencing. Sometimes, just getting them involved motivates the guilty party to fix the issue. Other times, the viewers get involved after seeing the story on the news & help out, like when a disabled man's motorized wheelchair was stollen, viewers raised money to buy him a new one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)