Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really expensive stroller and getting sh** for it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

Do you mamas have a really expensive stroller? And did you ever get sh** for it?
We just purchased a rather pricey stroller for the twins because I love that the stroller is so easy to push around and to handle. Now the family and friends are all giving negative comments on it - not that we care but I'd like to know if you experienced the same thing? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM
Its not their money. Unless they pay any of your bills, tell them to butt out. The stroller will probably be a lifesaver for you.
polkaspots
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:46 AM
I've never had a really expensive stroller. I have a graco travel system, a giant carriage that's about fifteen years old we use for things like the farm, and a cheap regular stroller.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Your babies, your choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Yes. And they were right..expensive strollers are POS. I went through 3 of them. Now I have a Chicco umbrella stroller that I haven't had an issue with.
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:49 AM

no.

no ones ever just brought up the price of anything like that, just to talk about it. its rude and kinda weird. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I have twins and just used a regular Greco double stroller. I'd like to see what you bought. Can you post or a picture? Or just say what stroller it is? If you can afford it, then ignore the judgmental assholes. As a mom of twins I can tell you a stroller is a necessity!
maddiesmommy5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Not with a stroller because I babywear, but I have with my wraps or sling. I hear a lot of "thats so stupid why can't you just get a snuggli or bjorn". UGH

Disneymom18
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
What!? I loved my moby wrap, it was so much more comfortable and loved how close I was with my daughter.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Not with a stroller because I babywear, but I have with my wraps or sling. I hear a lot of "thats so stupid why can't you just get a snuggli or bjorn". UGH

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Your babies, your money.  No, I didn't have an expensive stroller...I think it was $100 and I got it because at the time my son LOVED frogs and this stroller along with a highchair had them all over....it was a cute set.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:56 AM

What kind of wraps or slings do you have? We are on the hunt for one and I really like the ergo but there are also a lot of negative opinions on it..

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)