Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you ever stay in a bad relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I did, because for me the alternative was loneliness.

He wasnt abusive or anything, we just werent compatible and argued alot. We made better friends but we couldnt go back to that now. So even tho we almost broke up about 3 times we stuck it out cuz sad to say, he was my whole social life and my only real friend. So breaking up meant a life of solitude outside of the workplace. I finally did accept breaking up, but we dragged it out longer than it ever should have.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Nope.
Nymeria
by Corruption Sister on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:20 AM
It took me 7 yrs of abuse to realize that being alone was better than staying where I was
m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Yes.... I was in a abusive relationship.... I stayed for 5 years because I didn't want to break up my family.... But I couldn't take it anymore. Now.... I'm glad I left. My girls are happier and so am I.

KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM
It took me 10 years to realize I was better off without him
summerbear
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Yes, but I was raised to believe abuse and hitting was a sign of love. After I realized it wasn't I was never in any more unhealthy relationships.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Nope, I have a lot going for me and I respect and love myself too much
Bubbie0809
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM
I've only been in one adult relationship.so, no.
depressedmom101
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:33 AM
I sure am a slow learner. The first time was for 7 yes and the second lasted 1 yr. I will never do it again. I am finally happy and starting a new life with a new baby on the way.
srltb143
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Yeah, stayed in and out of one for a while....very abusive physically, mentally, and emotionally.  Finally got rid of him, and it was the best thing I ever did.  He made me suffer pretty bad when he realized I was really done with him, made my life a living hell........but then this guy came along out of nowhere and took me and took me away from it all....showed me I could have someone who would care for me the right way and helped me pick up the pieces of my broken life (when I said the ex made it hell for me I was understating....), and we've been together 9 years now.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Yep I am in one right now, we have been together 7  years the last  2 /3 years have been the worst! My dd is only one and a half and I honestly stay because of her ( he is a good father). Most of the time we cant stand each other, we haven't had sex since the night I got pregnant, We aren't married and I really don't see us lasting much longer its sad and I wish to god I was strong enough to walk away, What we have is nothing close to what we had, but I guess it is what it is until I make a move.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)