Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
DH and I used to have a grocery store cleaning contract, we contracted it through a company from July 2012-December 2013 when we found out that another company bought out our contract (they bought out all the local grocery stores and all of the grocery stores for the company we worked for).
When we got our final cheque on January 20 the company had removed $495 for a buffer propane tank. This tank was left at the store to be picked up and it was, we have video footage (from security cameras) proving this. We called the company and they asked us to fax a letter from the manager of the store saying that the tank was picked up by a employee of their company, we did this and they claimed they had mailed out a cheque.
We waited a week and we got nothing, we called and they cancelled the cheque and Purolated a new one, it was supposed to arrive yesterday and didn't, they are also refusing to give us a tracking number, every time we called we would get a different excuse (the lady in charge of this was in lunch, at a meeting, not at her desk) and then they started to ignore our calls all together.
I know we are being fucked around and I am getting pissed. How should we go forward with this? We have considered threatening legal action.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Fulgent.Drinker
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Seriously, don't make threats unless you can back them up, because they can piss people off and backfire, not only now but in future business dealings.  Keep reminding yourself that people talk a lot when asking for recommendations etc. and that it could affect your future business dealings and possible contracts.

I'd keep trying to call, and if need be consider nicely going over that persons head. Document all your attempts to resolve the issue before making threats of legal action. In fact a well placed letter of complaint can often get the desired results much quicker. 

Good luck.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Call everyday until you get your check. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Going over their heads is another thing I considered, asking for the owner of the company, etc.
If I don't get a response today I am going to write a letter of complaint and fax it to them. I will highlight the point about how we were in a one year contract (which had been renewed in July 2013) and how they sold off the contract and then didn't even notify us. We found out by getting a message on FB from the midnight cashier saying that two men showed up saying they were taking over cleaning the store in a few days.

Quoting Fulgent.Drinker:

Seriously, don't make threats unless you can back them up, because they can piss people off and backfire, not only now but in future business dealings.  Keep reminding yourself that people talk a lot when asking for recommendations etc. and that it could affect your future business dealings and possible contracts.

I'd keep trying to call, and if need be consider nicely going over that persons head. Document all your attempts to resolve the issue before making threats of legal action. In fact a well placed letter of complaint can often get the desired results much quicker. 

Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I plan on that and possibly writing a letter.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Call everyday until you get your check. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)