Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friggin Fedex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

damn driver NEVER even knocked on my door...he did a run to the door post it note, claiming i wasn't home, did NOT knock at all......i saw him pull up!!  I turn around to make sure the cat isnt' going to get out when i open the door, and bam! he's gone!!  and all i see is a note on the door claiming i wasn't home....

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Call them they will come back
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM
I've had that happen. I call and tell them how poor the "delivery" was. Thars inexcusable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM

i did....they claimed there was no way to get in touch with the driver which i think is total bullshit... i saw him pull around the corner, so i know he was still in the neighborhood....

Quoting MeaganP: Call them they will come back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM

yes, they sure heard my opinion of their 'delivery' service. 

Quoting Anonymous: I've had that happen. I call and tell them how poor the "delivery" was. Thars inexcusable.

TEIMSfamily
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM
More than likely he was behind schedule. Sucks that they worry about time more than customer service. UPS is just as bad at this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Our mailman doesn't always stop at our mailbox. We've watched her do it. The one time we had something important in the email that needed to go out. My husband grabbed the letter, got in the car, and found her in the neighborhood. He walked up to her band was just like, you seem to have skipped us. She scrambled and took it and gave him our mail and a package. She didn't "have time" to get out and deliver the package today, is what she told him. -_- are you serious?? Yea I called and gave them my opinion on that!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Dh drives for FedEx (the semi's, not the little box trucks). If you called the local FedEx facility that you know is handling your package, dispatch could put a message through to the driver on his portable computer thing. But if they did that for every customer wondering where their package was, they'd never get any packages delivered. That's why they give you tracking numbers.

I had the exact same thing happen with UPS though. I live in a 3rd floor apartment, and the guy never even rang the door buzzer. I went down to check the mail and there was a customer contact card on the door going out of the building. The card said they'd make 1 more attempt at delivery before returning the package. I called UPS and complained, because I WAS home, but the guy never even rang the buzzer. The next day the asshat showed up at 8:30pm, laid on the buzzer (even after I pushed the button to unlock the door downstairs, then came stomping upstairs , and shoved my package into my hands, then turned around and stomped back down the stairs.

Quoting Anonymous:

i did....they claimed there was no way to get in touch with the driver which i think is total bullshit... i saw him pull around the corner, so i know he was still in the neighborhood....

Quoting MeaganP: Call them they will come back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Fedex attempted to do that to me.
I was impatiently waiting for apple to send my Ipad.I have a gravel driveway so I hear every vehicle that comes up my driveway,I stood by the window and watched him grab the little sticker out of his truck,he put it on my door and went to walk back to his truck.I stopped him,bitched at him and called corporate.He was like "Oh,I didn't think anyone was home".
Serabeth06
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM

lol I used to do Fedex call center work, can't tell you how many times I got that call. Just call CS, they'll send a note to the station telling the station what the driver did, normally they'll make him go back and do another delivery attempt, if it was Express. If it was Ground, good luck getting them to come back, they're private contractors.

WillowRayne
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM
That sucks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)