Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is "super morbidly obese"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I see the guy every day so it shouldn't be shocking but actually seeing the words... And his weight! He is exactly 3 times my weight.

I never thought I'd end up with someone like this. He was a good looking guy when we met.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeaganP
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Talk to him find out why he letting this happen

Start a program with him. Weight watches is great

Good luck
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM
So what happened?

Does he have a plan to get healthy?
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM

That is rough, hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Are you helping him get healthy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Being fat is a destructive cycle for him. It makes him depressed, which makes him eat more. It has destroyed his sex drive. It has ruined his joints so it is nearly impossible for him to exercise. It has resulted in him needing to take multiple medications everyday.

Does it make him a "bad" person? No. But it contributes to him being a bad partner.
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Talk to him and make him talk to a doctor.
lburgler
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Sounds like there is some deep satisfaction that eating gives him that he can't seem to find elsewhere?

Diet, exercise, moderation... Oh, and getting yourself into a mental state where that is achievable. Easy, right?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

If your insurance covers dietician visits I highly suggest making an appointment. My husband is not severely overweight,but he's struggled for years to drop the excess. Started seeing a dietician,worked up an eating plan-what he's struggled for years to drop he's now been dropping easily just by a change in how much and when he eats,increasing some things like veggies and water intake and monitoring his intake of fat,salt,dairy,carbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:42 AM
He has gone to dietitians, and we went on sparkpeople together. I cook healthy meals, pack him lunch everyday. But he eats insane portions, drinks every night, and eats crap at work.

Like any other addiction, he has to decide to make the change. All of the support in the world is useless until he decides he can't live like this any longer.
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Are you helping him get healthy?

She can help him all she can, but until he decides the make the change, it likely won't matter.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)