Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you sign into the site...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

there's a disclaimer with the Login button that says "you certify you are female and agree to the TOS", how do they enforce that? Doesnt that seem redundant for both items? 

You cant know anyone's gender...its all digital... and most of us probably didnt read the TOS (in its entirety) and just simply agreed to it, right? 

My question is whats its purpose? Is there a reason to have that? Some sorta legality?

No one's going to say "no" or admit to anything that prevents them from using the site after all.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilith.23
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM
No idea, here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM

True, but sometimes people slip up and if they do, and are reported, they are promptly kicked off- referring to the male/female issue. If you break TOS, you get warnings, loss of anon button and can be banned. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM

true, i guess that only works on people too lazy to make another tho lol

Given we're all Anon anyways, knowing screename really only tells you who to hassle lol

I know there's people that have more than one name and will use one to avoid some people or behave a certain way so that its not tied to their main account. Probably rare, but I've heard of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

True, but sometimes people slip up and if they do, and are reported, they are promptly kicked off- referring to the male/female issue. If you break TOS, you get warnings, loss of anon button and can be banned. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

There was a female to male transgender member here and he was open about it. The admins let him stay but some people were irritated by it. Not sure if he is still around or not. 

Yes, I suppose you could have one than more name.

My question is- what man would be interested in this site? Most people's husbands, my own included, would rather be caught dead than here lol. It just doesn't interest them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Given we're all Anon anyways, knowing screename really only tells you who to hassle lol

I know there's people that have more than one name and will use one to avoid some people or behave a certain way so that its not tied to their main account. Probably rare, but I've heard of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM

single dads, stay at home dads.. they do the same stuff and need the same advice as the moms.

in some cases truly lonely people without a social circle that want to have other people to talk with about a variety of topics that have nothing to do with sex or even parenting or gender roles. Most of the topics here are pretty gender neutral, I dont see why a guy who just wants basic interaction with other people would be scared about being here beyond the title of the website. 

No place else for them to go and just talk. Chat rooms are just about sex and no one wants to chat to a guy. Plus you dont have a to be member to see what's said here. You only have to be a member to post responses, anyone can google and see whats going on on CM though without ever joining. Thats how I found it, by googling something else and came across all the thread topics here and decided to sign on so I could join in.

There's probly more guys than we think but the smarter ones keep it to themselves, since 98% of the time gender really never needs to come up and its just as safe to let the other members assume they are female since it really doesnt matter most of the time whose posting here really.

Quoting Anonymous:

My question is- what man would be interested in this site? Most people's husbands, my own included, would rather be caught dead than here lol. It just doesn't interest them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM

They can only enforce it when someone admits to being a man.. then they just delete their account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM

There is a cafedad website that's just for guys. Men are not permitted on this site, it's a TOS violation. Also, if you have more than one account, they will delete the new account. You can only have one sn/account per IP address.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM

On babycenter, they allow dads and there are only a handful I have ever seen. I really believe you are wrong about a lot of men having an interest in these sites. A few, maybe. 

Quoting Anonymous:

single dads, stay at home dads.. they do the same stuff and need the same advice as the moms.

in some cases truly lonely people without a social circle that want to have other people to talk with about a variety of topics that have nothing to do with sex or even parenting or gender roles. Most of the topics here are pretty gender neutral, I dont see why a guy who just wants basic interaction with other people would be scared about being here beyond the title of the website. 

No place else for them to go and just talk. Chat rooms are just about sex and no one wants to chat to a guy. Plus you dont have a to be member to see what's said here. You only have to be a member to post responses, anyone can google and see whats going on on CM though without ever joining. Thats how I found it, by googling something else and came across all the thread topics here and decided to sign on so I could join in.

There's probly more guys than we think but the smarter ones keep it to themselves, since 98% of the time gender really never needs to come up and its just as safe to let the other members assume they are female since it really doesnt matter most of the time whose posting here really.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM

i think they should Flag them instead so we can all see it and know that they've been marked as a possible "non-mom". 

Otherwise all deleting does is allow them the opportunity to create a new profile after a couple days and we won't know its them again. 

Quoting danie24:

They can only enforce it when someone admits to being a man.. then they just delete their account.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM

as long as you don't say hey i'm a man, they can't do anything. You can be whoever you want to be on the internet. LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)