Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy and newborn...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Currently I am not working. I am a single mother. So I will have to go back to work when he is 8 weeks old...how did you do it? I want to be a SAHM but it's not an option sadly. Ok well anyway, What were some things you packed for the hospital? Did you get an epidural? Did you go naturally? What was your first reaction seeing your newborn? Also for any single parents whow as with you in the labor room? Any advice on L&D and the first weeks is most welcomed :) 

Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bluescorpia
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Damn!!!! I'm sorry you have to do all this=/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

start a home daycare..then you can be home...thats what i did as a single mother...BEST decision i made, too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Is ok. It's gonna be hard but it's for my son so I don't mind doing it.

Quoting Bluescorpia: Damn!!!! I'm sorry you have to do all this=/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

How could I do that? I would absolutely LOVE that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

start a home daycare..then you can be home...thats what i did as a single mother...BEST decision i made, too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

call your state and see what the licensing is...where i was, i didn't need a license for a couple kids...you mite not either..look into it

Quoting Anonymous:

How could I do that? I would absolutely LOVE that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bluescorpia
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I have raised my girls by myself forever even when they were babies... it is hard but worth it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is ok. It's gonna be hard but it's for my son so I don't mind doing it.

Quoting Bluescorpia: Damn!!!! I'm sorry you have to do all this=/

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I was single when I had my oldest. It seemed like every female family member I had was in the room when I gave birth. My aunt cut his cord.
I packed comfy clothes and my bathroom stuff for myself. Use the undies they give you and the ice pack pad combo is amazing! Pack what you want baby to wear and bring your own paci
They give you diapers and wipes. Take everything in the baby bed. Its all yours. If you breastfeed ask for a hand pump. Its free.
First week home you sleep and change diapers and feed the baby and sleep some more. That should actually be your first few weeks home.

Good luck! I have a two month old. I just went thru this for the third time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Thank you :) This was very helpful and helps me know I'm not alone going through this.

Quoting BraydensMama163: I was single when I had my oldest. It seemed like every female family member I had was in the room when I gave birth. My aunt cut his cord.
I packed comfy clothes and my bathroom stuff for myself. Use the undies they give you and the ice pack pad combo is amazing! Pack what you want baby to wear and bring your own paci
They give you diapers and wipes. Take everything in the baby bed. Its all yours. If you breastfeed ask for a hand pump. Its free.
First week home you sleep and change diapers and feed the baby and sleep some more. That should actually be your first few weeks home.

Good luck! I have a two month old. I just went thru this for the third time.

angelchewning
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Currently I am not working. I am a single mother. So I will have to go back to work when he is 8 weeks old...how did you do it? 

Sorry you have to do it "on your own".

I want to be a SAHM but it's not an option sadly.

The daycare idea is a great one. definitely look into the requirements

Ok well anyway, What were some things you packed for the hospital?

A nightgown or bathrobe that opens in the front for breast feeding. Gentle and unscented bath products. LOOSE panties. warm socks. a few cute outfits for LO (a photographer will take pics in the hospital for you if you want) a comfy dress to go home in.

Did you get an epidural? Did you go naturally?

Yes but i wont be doing that again. it made me feel drunk and off my game. plus when it comes time to push  you cant feel anything but pain so youdont know if youre doing it right. its weird

What was your first reaction seeing your newborn?

surprisingly it wasnt  "love at first sight"  the way you are told it is. the bonding takes time. if im really honest my first reaction was kind of "holy crap what did i just do" but the crazy love DOES happen pretty quickly.

Also for any single parents whow as with you in the labor room?

not single but i would suggest you only allow people who will keep you calm and strong!

Any advice on L&D and the first weeks is most welcomed :) 

its normal to feel bluesy the first few weeks but if it doesnt go away SEE YOUR DOCTOR. theres no shame in asking for help. if people wanna come see the baby they are required to do you a favor too, like cleaning something, cooking something, or taking care of the baby so you can nap. i suggest you invest in either heavy pads for your panties or adult diapers...youll be a bleeding monster for a few weeks. anything the hospital gives you YOU KEEP! and ask for extras of anything you want! youre paying enough to be there they can hook it up!

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)