Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so mad at the schools today

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 168 Replies

We've been having an ongoing blizzard for several hours now.  There's an additional 4+ inches on top of our already few feet.  The snowdrifts are making it impossible to keep up on shoveling & plowing.  

And there's school.  The buses picked my kids up on time (they're the first to be picked up though), but they just passed by the house, which means they're now running 30+  minutes late.  So how long did those other kids have to stand at their busstops, in blizzards?  

On top of it all, my school isn't canceled either.  And my sitter can't make it to my house, even though I've been shoveling since 6 am so they could get in and I could get out.  And I had a big test today.  And the teacher made it clear there will be no test make-ups allowed.  Ugh.  This winter sucks.  So bad.  

Anyone else having similar issues?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM
We have had crappy weather. The boys have missed 4 days this year. The cold has been bad here. I hate it and want spring!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM
I'm surprised they would have school if its an actual blizzard. Can you take your child to the sitter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup my kids been out all week, I had to miss work on Monday because I couldn't find childcare. I hope everything is back on track tomorrow because i have to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Lol. Sorry for you, really I am. However, it is a very cold 56 degress where I live right now and it's not even 9 am yet. Hope you figure it out.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 AM

We are on our 7th calamity day.....I'm ready for spring!!

wintermoon111
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I hate when they don't call it off because snow and ice can be dangerous. We have lots of snow happening now but they called it lastnight.
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I thought about it, but the sitter is pretty far away in the opposite direction of school, and the class is only 2 hours long.  I'd be so late to the class that driving through this is seriously not worth it.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm surprised they would have school if its an actual blizzard. Can you take your child to the sitter?

ajdahd13
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Wow that's awful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Sounds like a lot of whining to me, it's Winter, not the end of the world...

kellysp6637
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM

sorry, that stinks.  My son's community college, my daughter's school as well as my work has all been cancelled today. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)