Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

donating to the hospital

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Has anyone ever donated hats or other things to the hospital? I've recently learned how to use a loom and I've been making baby hats and other things. I'm thinking about giving them to the hospital once I have enough but would they really take them?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Have to get permission first. I do NICU quilts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM
So do I just call up and ask? I don't want to do anything till I get more hats made I currently only have 4

Quoting Anonymous: Have to get permission first. I do NICU quilts.
DragonInfinity
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Just call the hospital and ask. Or go to the front desk with a sample and ask (when you get enough) if they would take these as a donation.

There are several woman who crochet/knit hats, blankets, sock, booties, and/or onesies for the new parents/babies. Some of them also do blankets and hats/mittens for other wards of the hospital as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Yes just call, they may have strict rules about materials and such.

Should they say no, there are plenty of charities that will be more than willing to take your generosity.

Quoting Anonymous: So do I just call up and ask? I don't want to do anything till I get more hats made I currently only have 4

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Kk thanks I've never done anything like this before.

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Just call the hospital and ask. Or go to the front desk with a sample and ask (when you get enough) if they would take these as a donation.

There are several woman who crochet/knit hats, blankets, sock, booties, and/or onesies for the new parents/babies. Some of them also do blankets and hats/mittens for other wards of the hospital as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Alright thank you I'll look into it.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes just call, they may have strict rules about materials and such.

Should they say no, there are plenty of charities that will be more than willing to take your generosity.

Quoting Anonymous: So do I just call up and ask? I don't want to do anything till I get more hats made I currently only have 4

DragonInfinity
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Your welcome! Good luck :)

Quoting Anonymous: Kk thanks I've never done anything like this before.

Quoting DragonInfinity:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)