Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When making posts, whats the etiquette for the poster?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

are you not supposed to respond in your own threads?

I find I tend to kill my own posts sometimes, but I feel like I wanna respond to each person, like a conversation

Sometimes I notice the OP's never respond and the thread takes a life of its own.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Depend on the level of drama. Lol
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM
I think the biggest factor is the subject of the post and how long it takes to get the first snarky comment. Just one of those can elicit page after page of replies, sparking massive quote trees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Seems like a common conception is that if the OP isn't responding to their own posts chances are they are trolling.

That's what people assume anyways...

Otherwise why wouldn't you WANT to respond to the replies? I do it all the time...that's how you keep a really boring post bumped too ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM

You absolutely should respond to your own posts, if it's warranted.

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Some of those long trees are cuz said person is mobile.

Quoting Nicoleb9: I think the biggest factor is the subject of the post and how long it takes to get the first snarky comment. Just one of those can illicit page after page of replies, sparking massive quote trees.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Yes, but that wasn't really where I was going with that.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Some of those long trees are cuz said person is mobile.

Quoting Nicoleb9: I think the biggest factor is the subject of the post and how long it takes to get the first snarky comment. Just one of those can illicit page after page of replies, sparking massive quote trees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM

often, especially when the OP never responds, it is assumed that it is a troll post... especially when the "situation" in the post is bizarre or dramatic.  A lot of times, responders like to know how a situation resolved... curiosity and all... when I post, I do not feel like I need to respond to everyone, especially when nothing is added, but to offer NO responses and NO updates just screams "DRAMA TROLL".

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I respond to the replies that require response. Some replies are repeats that I've already responded to so I sometimes will choose not to respond again. I've had about a dozen posts featured on the main page so I've learned to pick and choose who I respond to or I'd be sitting there for hours responding to everyone.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM

They can pretty do whatever they want. If you want a really active post, or your post answered, you keep responding. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Let's see many reasons:

They have to go outside of the house for food, water, gas etc.

They work full time 

They have to tend to their kids

They're watching a 4 hour long movie

and the list goes on and on.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Seems like a common conception is that if the OP isn't responding to their own posts chances are they are trolling.

That's what people assume anyways...

Otherwise why wouldn't you WANT to respond to the replies? I do it all the time...that's how you keep a really boring post bumped too ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)