Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What I Use for Motivation to Not be a Slob

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

It might seem strange but I use photos of people I think are good looking to motivate myself to get out of my pajamas, exercise, wear a nice outfit for the day, put on my make-up, generally just make myself look nice for the day instead of settling for the pajama clad slob look. 

I have no problem with pajama days. I work at home so I can do it all the time if I want to. I just don't feel good about myself if I do it all the time. I find I'm more productive during the day if I make myself look like I respect myself. But I seem to need motivation to achieve that.

That's my confession. I use photos like this to motivate myself to be beautiful on the outside because it's important to me. Beauty on the inside, beauty on the outside, it's like the whole package comes together and I feel complete. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Whatever floats your boat, dear.

mysticatgal
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM
If it works for you. I watch hoarders and then deep clean my house.
newfound09
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM
To each their own. That's not inspirational to be beautiful daily to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

See? That's what I'm talking about. lol

Quoting mysticatgal: If it works for you. I watch hoarders and then deep clean my house.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM
This

Quoting newfound09: To each their own. That's not inspirational to be beautiful daily to me.
PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah see, that type of stuff doesn't help me LOL

I wish it did...

Like those video clips that go viral of how animals are treated in warehouses before they are milked & slaughtered...sure it's sad, but I get this intense craving for a hamburger and chocolate milk afterwards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM

My job involves loads of creativity. Sometimes I can be really creative wearing sweatpants but sometimes if I've been creative with putting my clothes together or creating a good hairstyle I've made a kind of foundation that leads to more creativity since now I feel better about me. It's hard to explain. It's probably hard to explain because I'm still in my pajamas and not up to my creative par yet. :P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah this method just isn't working for you! LOL

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Yeah see, that type of stuff doesn't help me LOL

I wish it did...

Like those video clips that go viral of how animals are treated in warehouses before they are milked & slaughtered...sure it's sad, but I get this intense craving for a hamburger and chocolate milk afterwards.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I do that too. Or when i was on bedrest and dh was complaining the laundry wasnt put away i had him watch an episode and he said "our house is beautiful" and put away the laundry lol. Sometimes the dishes not being ran through the dishwasher right away makes me mad theb i think of that show and dont feel so bad

Quoting mysticatgal: If it works for you. I watch hoarders and then deep clean my house.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I do the same thing haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)