Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have any ideas for a pre-teen bedroom makeover?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

My dd is turning 11, and we're redoing her room as her birthday present.  We're putting in new flooring (probably laminate).  I just don't know what to do as far as paint colors, walls, colors, etc.  I want something still fun and colorful but not too little kid looking.  Not too grown up and boring either.  Any ideas or pics anyone would like to share?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM
what kind of stuff does she like? what are her interests and hobbies?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Bump wall paint and wall stickers with colors she likes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

what is she into? Most preteends are into animal print. Paint it her fave color and buy zebra bedding and curtains (or cheetah, if she likes that more). 

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I'd go off of her interests and likes, then check out pinterest.  You could do each wall a different color or a theme room like a city she's always wanted to go, maybe a royal theme with a cool chandelier. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Hmmm...as far as hobbies, she's into gymnastics, arts and crafts.  She's also becoming super interested in nail polish and fashion.  

Quoting supermama322: what kind of stuff does she like? what are her interests and hobbies?

AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM

considering she is a pre-teen, i would ask her... even if you want to surprise her ask her.

i would never do that to my children.  they have a voice, they have likes and dislikes, why spend the time and energy doing something she might not even like at the end.

when i re-did my then 3 year old DDs room, she told me what she wanted, did she get everything, no we compromised, but in the end she has a voice that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM

That could be a good idea.  She has a ton of clothes and even a pair of sneakers in animal print.  She likes both zebra and cheetah.

Quoting Anonymous:

what is she into? Most preteends are into animal print. Paint it her fave color and buy zebra bedding and curtains (or cheetah, if she likes that more). 

PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Mobile Photo

Just google ideas, there are a lot of them.
PoisonEyeV
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Make up holders for her vanity/dresser/desk area...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)