Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about childrens parts ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
You all mention frequently how i shouldnt say no when my baby starts to play with his penis during diaper changes. Redirection by giving him a toy isnt working any more so Im wondering how do i get him to stop if i cant say no. I tried holding his hands back but i need both my hands because he doesnt sit still at all

Its the first thing he grabs for when his diaper is off

Because when in a diaper with poop it gets covered with poop so he grabs it with his hand and plays in the poop and then when i try to wipe off his hands he flails around and wipes it on everything.Quoting Lauriemom: Why can't you just let him play with his penis?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Why can't you just let him play with his penis?
mommyrustina
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Just finish finish changing his diaper, he'll obviously stop when his diaper and clothes are back on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Because when in a diaper with poop it gets covered with poop so he grabs it with his hand and plays in the poop and then when i try to wipe off his hands he flails around and wipes it on everything.

Quoting Lauriemom: Why can't you just let him play with his penis?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I might be a weirdo, but I let my 15 mo flick his penis around for a second. I talk to him about it like I would any other body part. I don't make it weird or anything, I just tell him that's his penis and then put his diaper back on.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I don't see the big deal.. .
DS playing with his penis actually led me to find an issue (which thankfully turned out to be nothing)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM
This. Just clean him up and put his diaper on without even paying it any mind.

Quoting mommyrustina: Just finish finish changing his diaper, he'll obviously stop when his diaper and clothes are back on.
SKM1119
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this
You can say "no don't play with your poop". Playing with yourself and playing with poop are two different things.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Its his penis. Let him check it out. 

its no different than when he found his toes, tongue, fingers, etc. 

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Oooh, what fun, lol.
I am sorry, I have no advice. I see no reason not to tell him no when he is touching poop.

Quoting Anonymous: Because when in a diaper with poop it gets covered with poop so he grabs it with his hand and plays in the poop and then when i try to wipe off his hands he flails around and wipes it on everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

then change his poop while he is standing up...iv'e had to do this many many times at the daycare i worked 

Quoting Anonymous: Because when in a diaper with poop it gets covered with poop so he grabs it with his hand and plays in the poop and then when i try to wipe off his hands he flails around and wipes it on everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)