Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you call her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

So, my sister and I arent very close... we've had our ups and downs. Last year she moved far away and we've facebooked here and there, I sent her kids some christmas presents... Like I said, we arent too close... but do have a little bit of a relationship.

two nights ago, my aunt came into where I work to eat and told me "Oh your sister is here visiting. We picked her up a few days ago." Where she is staying is literally a quarter of a mile down the road from my house. I was like "I had no idea"... Aunt said, "Oh she might have called from a *area code* number" and since I screen my calls I thought that might explain why I havent heard from her. But when I got home, there were no numbers like that on my phone.

Should I call her or go over to see her... I dont know if she even WANTS to see me since obviously no one thought it was important to tell me she was coming around. I'd like to see them... She brought her oldest son with her and I'd like to see my nephew. 

:(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Get the number and call
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Yes just show up then invite her to your place.

Basicrose
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Sure, why not? The worst that can happen is she says no. Besides, maybe having a brunch at your place and maybe hash out whatever makes you two not close.

k1kelley
by Kim on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM
This happened to me with my sister too. No advice really- but if you know where they are staying, just drop on by. Good luck!
bcoll
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Call her. You'll feel better for having made the effort at the very least.

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I would - if you let the chance pass, it will only make things more distant between the two of you.

TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I would try

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Someone has to make the first move.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:07 AM

someone needs to make the first move why not you! just call and invite her out to lunch. :)

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Apparently she didn't tell you for a reason...I'm sure she knows how to contact you, I would just send her a message or get your aunt to tell her if she responds then ok, if not well she intentionally avoided you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)