Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult ADHD

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 33 Replies

Who has it?

I do, I can no longer take the medication due to medications I take for Lupus.  I am going NUTS, absolutely crazy and so is my family. 

Right  now, I am on CM, watcing a training video for photo editing, cleaning the bathrooms, washing laundry, baking cookies, doing our monthly budget and emailing a few people.  I do one thing for a few minutes, stop it, pause it, leave it and do something else.  This is all day long.  My family refuses to watch TV with me anymore, because I am constantly pausing it to get up and do something.

I just don't know how to slow down and relax and finish one thing at a time.  UHG, I'm going crazy.  

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Oh man, that sucks.
Have you looked into any natural remedies or vitamins that may help? What about pot? I know some are against it but some swear by it for medical purposes.
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I'm not medicated. I drink green tea like crazy, watch my diet etc. Caffeine makes me drowsy so I watch that also you might want to try a B- complex vitamin works wonders. I know how you feel I can't listen to the radio cause I can't complete a song :( (Hugs)
jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I can actually get medical marijuana for Lupus here in MD.  I didn't think about it being able to do double duty.   I have been holding off to see if I really need it for my pain.  

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: Oh man, that sucks.
Have you looked into any natural remedies or vitamins that may help? What about pot? I know some are against it but some swear by it for medical purposes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Look into gems. There are several that are calming and can help with things like this.
jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Hahahahaha, DH has threatened to take the buttons off of the radio station in the car, because I change the station so much or skip a song on the iPod.  LOL

I will look into the B-complex.  It really is so frustrating.  

Quoting Nickie76: I'm not medicated. I drink green tea like crazy, watch my diet etc. Caffeine makes me drowsy so I watch that also you might want to try a B- complex vitamin works wonders. I know how you feel I can't listen to the radio cause I can't complete a song :( (Hugs)

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I've heard it's good for people with ADHD, it mellows them out. It can't hurt to try, especially since you can get it legally for the lupus.

Quoting jjames1990:

I can actually get medical marijuana for Lupus here in MD.  I didn't think about it being able to do double duty.   I have been holding off to see if I really need it for my pain.  

jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried Agate, for harmony ( I am a witch) but that didn't work.  I have come up with a few herb tea drinks, nothing.  I will keep trying different things though.  I know its trial and error.  

Quoting Anonymous: Look into gems. There are several that are calming and can help with things like this.

jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I may have to try it.  It seems I do a lot all day long and get nothing done.  LOL

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: I've heard it's good for people with ADHD, it mellows them out. It can't hurt to try, especially since you can get it legally for the lupus.

Quoting jjames1990:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

i have it.  i drink lots of coffee and can only function if i'm multi-tasking. right now, i'm sitting with the baby (he's having breakfast), playing on cm, singing along to the radio and half-way watching "my baby sitter is a vampire".  it's impossible for me to focus on only one thing at a time.

i've never been medicated for it, so i don't see it as an issue.  it's just the way i am

jjames1990
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The funny thing about the medication.  I went 41 years without it.  Last year was put on it, after a few months saw a huge difference.  Only on it for 6 months, now I am off of it.  LOL

So I have lived all of my life without it, but boy did it make a difference.  On really really bad days, when I need to be focused, I take 2 Excedrin migraine pills.  The caffeine evens me out enough to be able to do what I have to do.  

Quoting almondpigeon:

i have it.  i drink lots of coffee and can only function if i'm multi-tasking. right now, i'm sitting with the baby (he's having breakfast), playing on cm, singing along to the radio and half-way watching "my baby sitter is a vampire".  it's impossible for me to focus on only one thing at a time.

i've never been medicated for it, so i don't see it as an issue.  it's just the way i am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)