Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High blood pressure at 32 weeks-morning update...Final update :-(

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM
  • 27 Replies
Ok...morning update: I get my protein levels tested between 11 and 1 today. At 150 I'm good,300 they keep me, and 500 means delivery is imminent. Obviously we're hoping for the lowest number, but I've still got concerning issues.

My bp is still in the 130s/70s, which is high for me. I'm having terrible headaches, and they are frequent. I'm also having pains that may be related to my liver swelling and not my gallbladder. (Apparently the pain of the liver swelling is about the same as a very minor gallbladder attack, which would be why I never thought to complain. I'm used to my gallbladder issues.)

Anyway, that's the update right now. Best case scenario, I'll be out tonight after my second steroid injection for Jackson's lungs. Worst case would be having to stay to be monitored constantly because my body is being difficult. And of course, the option I don't want to even consider right now...having Jackson at any part of 32 weeks gestation.

I normally don't ask this for myself, but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Grrr...final update on all this...NOT what I was hoping for:

I am preeclamptic. My doctor wouldn't give me the numbers, but told me she'll let me go home as long as I take it easy and I don't go to work. I have an appointment Monday for another sonogram to check on Jackson (just a precaution), and we'll be discussing my date to be induced...at 37 weeks...which also happens to fall during Karina's spring break. (March 10th-14th) Talk about timing! So...I'm just waiting for 4pm to get my second steroid shot and get discharged. :-/

I feel so bad about this. I know 37 weeks is still good, but I'm so much healthier this pregnancy, and now I feel like I failed. I know I didn't, but I still feel like crap about it. :-(
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I had this too, only I was 38 weeks or so with my first two pregnancies.  Hang in there mama, hope everything turns out well for you!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Scary! Good luck!
vamaria
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Sending prayers!

svolkov
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I had that as well. But it wasnt a big deal. Hormonal crap apparently. Hope that all yours is too. Headaches lasted a bout a month for me. And 130/70 is barely high. Is that what you normally tested at or just that once? Did they retake it a little later?
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Take care

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
My normal bp is 108/62-ish, so this is actually high for me. I really hope it's hormonal, lol. My bp was at 150/80-something two weeks ago, and 140/72 at my appointment yesterday...and I've been getting these headaches for months now.

Quoting svolkov: I had that as well. But it wasnt a big deal. Hormonal crap apparently. Hope that all yours is too. Headaches lasted a bout a month for me. And 130/70 is barely high. Is that what you normally tested at or just that once? Did they retake it a little later?
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Thank you...I didn't have this issue till 39 weeks with my youngest. This is scary. :-/

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

I had this too, only I was 38 weeks or so with my first two pregnancies.  Hang in there mama, hope everything turns out well for you!!

svolkov
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Mine is usually about 105/65 too. Have u gained a lot of weight/water weight? That was my biggest problem I think with mt first. My diet had WAY too much sodium etc too

Quoting Red_Tempest: My normal bp is 108/62-ish, so this is actually high for me. I really hope it's hormonal, lol. My bp was at 150/80-something two weeks ago, and 140/72 at my appointment yesterday...and I've been getting these headaches for months now.

Quoting svolkov: I had that as well. But it wasnt a big deal. Hormonal crap apparently. Hope that all yours is too. Headaches lasted a bout a month for me. And 130/70 is barely high. Is that what you normally tested at or just that once? Did they retake it a little later?
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Not a lot of weight at all...not for me. 20lbs at last count, although I've gained and lost. It's been a bit like a roller coaster, lol. The thing is, my bp didn't get high until we tried Procardia to stop my contractions...which is what happened with my last pregnancy, just not until farther along.

Quoting svolkov: Mine is usually about 105/65 too. Have u gained a lot of weight/water weight? That was my biggest problem I think with mt first. My diet had WAY too much sodium etc too

Quoting Red_Tempest: My normal bp is 108/62-ish, so this is actually high for me. I really hope it's hormonal, lol. My bp was at 150/80-something two weeks ago, and 140/72 at my appointment yesterday...and I've been getting these headaches for months now.

atmsmom2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)