Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Christians, food for thought...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
  • 126 Replies

I hear and read a lot of things like "They will get there's" "What goes around comes around!" and "Karma is a Bahumhum" (lol I don't swear that is the word I use but you get the picture).

So my question is.... Do you (if you are Christian) belive in Karma?

I don't and I am Christan. I don't think that the two go hand in hand. I don't think God is "out to got you". God is Love and He wants you to be with Him. He doesn't test you and stuff. If you feel like you are being punished or tested I believe that it the devil. He is the trickster trying to make you question and stuff...

thoughts?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Nope I don't believe in karma.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't believe in Karma.  It's a funny expression and I have used it in the past, but in all honesty, there is no such thing as Karma, just life and we all face challenges. 

I have women on here all of the time, when I comment harshly on their situations, say to me, "Karma is a bitch".  My standard answer is, "Oh yeah, what did you do to get what you're getting now?"......that usually ends the Karma debate!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is that you have let evil forces into your life and even though they promise to give you what you want, they also take what they want.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe God sends lessons (situations) our way so that we can correct ourselves. Guess that could be karma.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No, that's not how God works.

There are consequences for our actions, but being mean to someone on Tuesday is not answered by spraining your ankle on Saturday.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
If god just wants us to "be with him" why can't we just be with him? Why does god care much what we believe? Why would god love us and want us so much and yet reject us when we don't believe exactly the right things?

All karma is, is the process in which we are able to fully experience the impact of every thought, word and deed we put out there. Both good and bad.
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM

i. (not speaking for all christians) believe that god created us. he belived we were very good. when that fruit from the forbidden tree was eaten he realized that we have a sinning nature. he gave us free will. he wants us to choose him. he is a jealous god. idk what these "exactly the right thngs " are or this rejection you feel from him is though. God is forgiving all you have to do is ask for it and mean it. this is what i believe anyway.

Quoting circle_of_life: If god just wants us to "be with him" why can't we just be with him? Why does god care much what we believe? Why would god love us and want us so much and yet reject us when we don't believe exactly the right things?

All karma is, is the process in which we are able to fully experience the impact of every thought, word and deed we put out there. Both good and bad.

butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:12 AM

i had always thought that everything happend for a reason too. i no longer do. it is a complicated thing to me though. it all happend whilein bible study. we were reading The Story and watching the video to the section we read. I don't believe He tests us and i belive he gave us free will. If we have free will, how would everything happen for a reason? just my thinking lol it surehas given my husband and i some pondering.

Quoting Anonymous: I think everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is that you have let evil forces into your life and even though they promise to give you what you want, they also take what they want.

TheresaC7
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

We were actually discussing that in church a couple of weeks ago. God doesn't 'get back' at you nor test you. It is evil that does that. That being said...I think Karma is more of an internal thing. Like how one bad thing can ruin your whole day. Or like how people say give love and you'll be loved. If you're not so nice, people are going to be not so nice to you. I know I'm probably not explaining it right.

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I don't believe in your version of god so I don't personally feel rejected by him. What I'm saying is why would god be so petty as to reject a person because they don't "choose him"? Why the jealousy? I find it hard to believe in a god that has such lowly negative human like emotions. Things like jealousy, anger, vengefulness are very low vibration emotions. Gods vibration is the highest there is. With god there is only love. Jealousy can never stem from love. Not true unconditional love.

Quoting butterflycircle:

i. (not speaking for all christians) believe that god created us. he belived we were very good. when that fruit from the forbidden tree was eaten he realized that we have a sinning nature. he gave us free will. he wants us to choose him. he is a jealous god. idk what these "exactly the right thngs " are or this rejection you feel from him is though. God is forgiving all you have to do is ask for it and mean it. this is what i believe anyway.

Quoting circle_of_life: If god just wants us to "be with him" why can't we just be with him? Why does god care much what we believe? Why would god love us and want us so much and yet reject us when we don't believe exactly the right things?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN