Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISRESPECTFUL STEPSON😡😡😡

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
  • 31 Replies
Just like the title says I have a disrespectful stepson. He came to live with us in May 2013 due his mother being incarcerated. He is 6 and I swear I have never dealt with a child like him before. Now I know what you think he is just acting out because his mom is gone. But what type of child lies about his dad taking him to another woman's house and that he made her scream (those are his words), then turns around two days later and tells his dad that I went to a man's house went in his room with him and came out and my hair was all over my head and the man slapped me on the ass😂😂😂😂! I know the shit isn't funny, but sometimes I have to laugh to keep from tearing his ass up! And just Sunday my baby girl who only a yr old was crying, he kept telling her to shut up...my 5 yr old told him don't talk to her like that she is just a baby and guess what his response was....shit y'all just some bitches and heffers!!!! WTF! I know I curse but not that way, at least not around my kids! So i don't know what his problem is. And oh yeah just last night when I told him to go take a bath he screamed back down the hall to me that he doesn't like me. I have told my BF about this and he gets in his ass about it, but he does the same things over and over. He doesn't listen to anything I tell him, but he always wanting something. He is my children's brother and I don't want my girls to start doing that type of shit, cuz then we really gone have a problem.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like counseling is in order...between a jailed mother and blended family, he needs someone to help him cope. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting JulyBabies:

Sounds like counseling is in order...between a jailed mother and blended family, he needs someone to help him cope. 

yes and he obviously learned that behavior from someone that someone needs to watch their mouth or get completely out of the picture.....I have never in my life heard a 6 year old speak that way.

Kris.Nicole
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Same thing I said....he knows a lot for his age. I blame it on his mom because she didn't care what she did or who she had round him! She moved to FLA. when he was a baby so he has been around his dad but not as much as his mom due to us living in to different states, however his dad had been in his life. Idk what to do when it come to his behavior, because spanking a child only fixes the problem for the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JulyBabies:

yes and he obviously learned that behavior from someone that someone needs to watch their mouth or get completely out of the picture.....I have never in my life heard a 6 year old speak that way.

Kris.Nicole
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I take him to church and I let my pastor talk wit him...it might work for 20 minutes and then he right bk to doing what he wants.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I don't recommend spanking a child like that anyway. He sounds like the type that needs nothing but positive reinforcement no yelling, no cursing, I suggest you get a book title parenting the strong willed child asap, it really has a lot of helpful suggestions.

Quoting Kris.Nicole: Same thing I said....he knows a lot for his age. I blame it on his mom because she didn't care what she did or who she had round him! She moved to FLA. when he was a baby so he has been around his dad but not as much as his mom due to us living in to different states, however his dad had been in his life. Idk what to do when it come to his behavior, because spanking a child only fixes the problem for the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JulyBabies:

Kris.Nicole
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I feel what yu saying, but I don't recall my mama reading any books when me or my 2 brothers got out of line 😂

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't recommend spanking a child like that anyway. He sounds like the type that needs nothing but positive reinforcement no yelling, no cursing, I suggest you get a book title parenting the strong willed child asap, it really has a lot of helpful suggestions.

Quoting Kris.Nicole: Same thing I said....he knows a lot for his age. I blame it on his mom because she didn't care what she did or who she had round him! She moved to FLA. when he was a baby so he has been around his dad but not as much as his mom due to us living in to different states, however his dad had been in his life. Idk what to do when it come to his behavior, because spanking a child only fixes the problem for the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JulyBabies:

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
He needs therapy, ASAP.

He's not a "disrespectful" child; he's a deeply damaged child. He can get better with some intense therapy, but it needs to be NOW, while he still has a chance at normalcy.

Also, stop spanking. (This is from a spanking advocate.). He's too damaged for corporal punishment. Talk to the therapist about discipline methods for him.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I agree. A 6 year old that knows sex references? That's not normal at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JulyBabies:

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You also probably hadn't been damaged like this child. Totally different circumstances.

Quoting Kris.Nicole: I feel what yu saying, but I don't recall my mama reading any books when me or my 2 brothers got out of line 😂

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JulyBabies:

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
This kind of kid needs a lot of positive reinforcement when he is being respectful. There is no telling what he was exposed to in his mother's care. I feel bad for him and can understand your frustration. Know that he is a damaged boy and needs a lot of patience and love. Counseling may help... And role playing how to be kind and respectful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)