Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is is Obama ' s insurance considered welfare?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
We are going to get our surrogate health insurance and pay the premiums for a year. We want something she'll be able to afford after we stop paying. The law says she can't be on any assistance so I'm a little stuck as to what affordable insurance company to go with. Help? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Bump
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call a lawyer and ask whats acceptable.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Just call BCBS, it's not welfare and it will cover maternity. the affordable care act is a series of health insurance regulations, not actual insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Attorney is in a big trial in the next town over until next week.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would call a lawyer and ask whats acceptable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Good question. I would think so, because it's through the government, but I don't know. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I'm aware of that, however there is insurance for people who qualify, now, through it. What's bcbs? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Just call BCBS, it's not welfare and it will cover maternity. the affordable care act is a series of health insurance regulations, not actual insurance.

marylends
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Depending on how much she makes will depend if she is entitled for assistance from ACA.  It is based on her income.  You should help her enroll and just reimburse her the premium for an agreed period of time,after which she will continue paying for it.  Together see what fits her needs and what she can afford. You can write a contract and both sign it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM
We will have a contract. Here, they have to be signed by a judge, first, for surrogacy. Is it considered 'welfare' assistance? Like Medicaid?

Quoting marylends:

Depending on how much she makes will depend if she is entitled for assistance from ACA.  It is based on her income.  You should help her enroll and just reimburse her the premium for an agreed period of time,after which she will continue paying for it.  Together see what fits her needs and what she can afford. You can write a contract and both sign it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM

There is only expanded Medicaid in states that implemented that part of the reform, if you are in one of those states and she qualifies it would be considered assistance. It's an income based entitlement. Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm aware of that, however there is insurance for people who qualify, now, through it. What's bcbs? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)