Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon do you start?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
When it's time again for your kiddos birthday, how soon do you start planning their party? DDs is in April and today, she and I looked at a few themes to get a general idea. She's going to be 3 so I'm excited that she gets to help me pick out things for her special day. :)

If you do parties, how soon do you start?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM
A few weeks before his birthday. I never took more than two months to plan anything.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Funny, i woke up this morning to a text inviting my son to a birthday party on april 5th.

Thats two months away. How in the world would i know if im available lol.

Anyway to answer your question, i might start thinking about it 2 months out, but i dont make finally plans until about a month before. Then i send invites about 2 2 1/2 before.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I start thinking rigth after Christmas - we have 3 birthdays in April 12 days apart - so I try to plan 2 get aways - normally its one but this year I am thinking 2.  

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Sometimes months before, sometimes a month before when we do party's with there friends.

3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM

About a week ahead.  We always have family parties and they're always on Sunday, so it's just a matter of figuring out if I'm going to buy or make a cake, what to get them, and what appetizers to serve. 

mericanbelle18
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Lol goodness! Yeah I don't send invites out until about 2 weeks ahead of the party date, hers is April 17th :) I just plan the basics and eventually food, activities, etc. :)

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Funny, i woke up this morning to a text inviting my son to a birthday party on april 5th.

Anyway to answer your question, i might start thinking about it 2 months out, but i dont make finally plans until about a month before. Then i send invites about 2 2 1/2 before.
WesAndNicksMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Usually a week or two before lol. We just do big family parties and everyone knows when their birthdays are so we just send out a reminder with the time and buy a ton of food. I've tried to get them to do other kinds of parties but they insist on this lol. Our family is all very close though and the kids just want to spend the day going crazy with their cousins so that's what we do every year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM
My DD turns 8 in April, we'll do the planning sometime this month ( in case we need to book or rent something depending on what she chooses)
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Since it was a text im thinking it was kind if a "save the date" thing......but i dont plan to plan my lide around this kuds birthday party, lol.

April is a tough month for the kids around here, baseball starts.

Quoting mericanbelle18: Lol goodness! Yeah I don't send invites out until about 2 weeks ahead of the party date, hers is April 17th :) I just plan the basics and eventually food, activities, etc. :)

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Funny, i woke up this morning to a text inviting my son to a birthday party on april 5th.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Ds will be 2 on the 19th. We dont do big oarties except for 1 and probably 16. We have some family over for cake and icecream and thats about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)