Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Like Such A Bad Mommy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

So, I've got a pretty bad cold. I haven't been able to smell or taste anything for about a week now. Because of that I've been checking the 2 baby's diapers (3 months and 19 months) every hour or so. Well, I got caught up with my 6 year old and hadn't checked them for about 3 hours! Both of my babies had poop :-( My 3 month old got a slight hint of pink down there but my 19 month old has a rash on either side of his testicles. I feel so horrible right now :-( I let him soak in a warm bath for a bit and put cream on it. Hopefully the rash doesn't last long. It's painful for him.

I seriously feel like a POS mom right now. I know that they both have a morning bowel movement between 8am and 9am. I didn't remember to check until about 10:30. I guess I should just feel fortunate that I checked when I did before it got worse. That doesn't make me (or him) feel any better though :-(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If that's the worst thing you've done as a mother then I would say that you're doing a wonderful job. I hope you feel better soon!
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

awww, I've been there.  There's plenty of moms who wouldn't feel bad for this and would let it happen again.  Pat yourself on the back, you're trying to do your best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Maybe set an alarm until your nose is back in working order.  It happens to the best of us.  The 19 month old should be able to tell you when theirs is dirty even when they are not ready to PT.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I've been trying to get him to tell me. If I ask he will confirm or deny but he doesn't tell me on his own. Any ideas?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe set an alarm until your nose is back in working order.  It happens to the best of us.  The 19 month old should be able to tell you when theirs is dirty even when they are not ready to PT.

DesignerMom22
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM
No way your not a bad mom you took care of them.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM

They'll live....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)