Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The nerve of some people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
At the grocery store this morning, I kept running into the same little girl and her mom. The little girl was happily skipping around carrying a lunchesble and mom was to busy either yelling at someone on the phone or texting someone. I'm not going to lie, I know lunchesble a are not the most nutritious meal, but I ocaasionally give them to my kids. Not the point. I ended up standing behind the little girl and her mother in the checkout line. Here's where the mother got to me. The mom put her few things on the conveyer line, including her BEER and CIGARRETRS. The little girl proudly put her lunchesble on the line so mom could pay. Mom pulled the little girls arm and loudly told her she could not get her "crap" because she didn't have enough money to buy it. Seriously lady, you could not buy her a lunch able but you can afford beer and cigarettes. The little girl sadly said, "ok mommy" and put it away. The checkout lady, obviously felt bad and told the little girl, who had tears in her eyes, that she was the lucky shopper of the day and she could keep her lunch able. The little girls eyes lit up and smiled so big saying thank you over and over. I noticed the checkout took out her personal money from her pocket to pay for it. The mother was furious and told the lady that was not necessary, her daughter didn't deserve to eat today. I was in shock. As they were walking out the store, we noticed the mother grabbing the lunch able out if her daughters arm and throwing it in the trash. The checkout lady and I looked at each other in shock. I told her that was a real nice thing she did for the little girl. She said, she knows how she feels and what's it like to go hungry. Her parents thought beer and cigarettes were more important than feeding her and get younger siblings. I about cried. She later said she works two jobs to provide for her younger siblings so they have a warm apartment and good on the table. I was lost for words. Bless her heart.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Why is it that these stories never happen when I go grocery shopping...
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM

This. I have NEVER seen anything like this in public. 

Quoting owl0210: Why is it that these stories never happen when I go grocery shopping...

DusterMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Exactly. Apparently I don't live in a place where this stuff goes down. What I see when I go to the store are people shopping and paying.

Quoting owl0210: Why is it that these stories never happen when I go grocery shopping...
aidensmomma12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Aww... my parents were the same way.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Cool story....have you contacted a publisher?

mommy2adandykid
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM

why didn't either of you call the police!?!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
The checkout lady told her manager, I'm assuming because he came over and followers the lady out and had a phone with him. I'm assuming he was calling or talking to the cops.

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

why didn't either of you call the police!?!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)