Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor kid at the bus stop #edit#

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 23 Replies
His parents send him out to wait for the bus just after 8, the bus doesn't come until 8:40. It's 19 degrees out will the wind it's 8. He's wearing a jacket with a hood. But geeze, I feel sorry for him. I just noticed this week. It's been freezing all week. I just want to tell him to come inside and watch cartoons till the bus comes.

Thank you ladies, if I see him that early again tomorrow, I'm going to ask him a few questions. I don't want to be nosey but I also feel bad.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Thats awefull. What are the parents doing that the poor kid cant wait inside?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Quoting krusesbaby: Thats awefull. What are the parents doing that the poor kid cant wait inside?
I don't think the kid should be inside waiting for the bus. For all we know he may choose to leave at that time.
phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM
How old?
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I've got no clue. I see him walk from down the block, I'm not sure what house he lives in. I was thinking maybe someone drops him off on their way out of town, but then why would they drop him more than a block away only to drive past the stop? Weird. He looks sad:(

Quoting krusesbaby: Thats awefull. What are the parents doing that the poor kid cant wait inside?
MamAshley4
by President on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
If that was me, i would definitely offer some shelter...
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
True. But he looks sad and cold. Not like he's happy to be out there. If its whipping wind and 19 degrees out, I wouldn't let my kid wait over a half hour in this cold. I guess I'm a botch like that!

Quoting Anonymous:
I don't think the kid should be inside waiting for the bus. For all we know he may choose to leave at that time.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Around 7 I'm guessing, he's waiting for the grade school bus so in that range.

Quoting phantomphan: How old?
soon2bmomof2grs
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Maybe he wanted to leave that early. I always wanted to leave early for the bus. Some days it was due to me wanting to walk, so I had to sneak and walk the 2 miles to school with my friends, lol. Some days I wanted to talk to someone at the bus stop and others I just wanted to.

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

How old is the child?  I would call the school and tell them see if you can find out his name from one or your kids or the bus driver. 

Just saw you posted 7 I would be either calling the school or the cops if the temperature was that low he shouldn't be at the bus stop that long in the cold. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I just feel like I'd be a creeper, and I'd hate to have his parents find out and get pissed at me you know?

Quoting MamAshley4: If that was me, i would definitely offer some shelter...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)