Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I wrong? (Child discipline)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
  • 1 Replies

I was talking with one of my FB friends (she's Italian like me), she has a 6 years old and she always complain that he misbehave a lot. She said that he was hitting kids in his classroom because he was upset about having a new teacher (a temporary one for a few days), they had to remove him from the class. Everytime she talks about his son all the other friends (we're in a mom group) defend her kid, saying he must be stressed and expressing his problem in that way...ok...the kid doesn't have problems, he has a loving family etc...So I asked her what does she do at home to discipline him...and she said nothing! She doesn't believe in discipline because she thinks the kid has to understand by himself what he did was wrong. I told her that in real life mistakes = conseguences (I  take away privileges). In the end I'm the wrong one that doesn't understand the poor kid. I would like the opinion of the mom of the children he hit...SMH

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM
You dont have to use punishment but all kids need some sort of discipline.
Like it's completely fine for my son to express his emotions but I teach him there's a right and a wrong way to do that. I don't need to use punishment to teach him those skills. That doesn't mean there are no consequences to his actions. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it and and she is obviously doing it the wrong way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)